Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT Trueno Blue (In-Transit)
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious of what other cars you all have. More sports cars, different dailys, family-mobiles?

My own other car is a 1986 Plymouth Conquest TSI (mitsubishi starion with different badging). The power and weight figures are really similar between it and the GR86, which is why I wanted the GR. The conquest is a project car so I wanted something of a similar fun level that's more reliable and daily friendly. My daily before was a RAV4, so that definitely didn't fit the bill for fun.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
404 Posts
My all-condition, road-tripping-in-comfort ride, 2018 VW Golf Alltrack SE. Been a great car so far, not a single issue with it yet (knock on wood):
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

My trusty ol' 2003 Honda Element. Mostly use it for hauling mountain bikes to the trailhead. Also my go to car when it's snowy and icy with its winter tires.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

My oldie but goodie. Partly the inspiration for ordering a GR86:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Mister Two lookin good!

·
Registered
529 Posts
The key is it was never a daily driver since I've owned it, and was always garaged when not driven.
Yeah, I can imagine that but I plan on getting full paint protection film and I'm a pretty safe driver overall besides speeding on the freeway/highways lol. Never been in a car accident in my life and hope to keep it that way.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium Pavement Grey
29 Posts
Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel Vehicle

My last daily car was a 2016 impreza that i threw in an intake, projectors, a new grill, and an 8 inch radio screen from Seicane. I used to travel 40 miles one way to work, so it was a fun, reliable car to have that saved me a ton.

Now my wife has her license, and its hers to take care of. 🥲

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are my other cars. '91 Galant VR4 #777/2000 and a '07 328i.

My GR86 has kicked the E92 out of the garage. In fact, the reason I got the GR86 is because I was fed up with the E92 and needed a reliable replacement (but fun to drive). I just spent a bunch of time working on the E92, throwing new parts on it (maintenance) and was thanked by a small chunk of the head cracking off. As a result, the oil cooler will not seal and a coolant passage has been exposed. It's just not worth repairing. ...and the GVR4 is a weekend/project car.

Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've also got a 2009 Cobalt SS/TC. Pretty basic bolt-ons car, tuned on 91, making approximately 300whp. I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up doing with it, but I definitely don't want it gone.
Very clean, looks like stock appearance. Nice 'sleeper.'

If you don't want it gone, keep it; in most similar cases, people almost always regret selling something they don't really want to sell.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts