Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems fantastic in every dyno test I have seen so far.
I like this one as they do a heap of comparisons as well.
Yeah I love the comparisons. Great to see the low down torqueyness of the Fiesta ST comparison. I had a heavily tuned Focus ST and I think I am going to enjoy this linear power all the way to the top in this boxer engine better.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yeah I love the comparisons. Great to see the low down torqueyness of the Fiesta ST comparison. I had a heavily tuned Focus ST and I think I am going to enjoy this linear power all the way to the top in this boxer engine better.
Remembering how much I enjoyed the gen 1, the extra power and every other improvement in the gen 2 really has me excited for mine to arrive.
I use it as a daily drive, so I will get to enjoy it all the time and not just on a track!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't realise there was a separate forum for videos. I'll go delete the thread I posted yesterday of this to avoid confusion.
* I can't remove it *
Hey mate - I have just removed it for you (it had no comments). Sorry I did not even see your one, else I would of just moved it instead of creating a new one!

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,420 Posts
What are we thinking a nice little tune with E85 will add?
My bet... 25-30WHP gain with no other mods at all. That bigger bore makes room for more air and more fuel. Any mod that existed for the 1st gen cars should yield slightly better results on the 2.4. I am curious to see if some catted UEL headers are worth anything. I wouldnt spend a thousand bucks just for the sound. I need RESULTS. lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
My bet... 25-30WHP gain with no other mods at all. That bigger bore makes room for more air and more fuel. Any mod that existed for the 1st gen cars should yield slightly better results on the 2.4. I am curious to see if some catted UEL headers are worth anything. I wouldnt spend a thousand bucks just for the sound. I need RESULTS. lol
OHHH me likey that! Yeah I will probably start with a catback and tune and be happy for a while :)

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,420 Posts
Im going to wait for an axle back personally. Pretty much every catback system on the boxer engines sounds good but drone like hell on the highway. I do too much highway commuting to want to deal with that. Keeping the stock front section lets the exhaust growl when you tell it to, but not drive you nuts during the moring drive to work. Thats the hope anyways. Now I need somebody to MAKE IT..!! Gen 1 axel backs dont fit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im going to wait for an axle back personally. Pretty much every catback system on the boxer engines sounds good but drone like hell on the highway. I do too much highway commuting to want to deal with that. Keeping the stock front section lets the exhaust growl when you tell it to, but not drive you nuts during the moring drive to work. Thats the hope anyways. Now I need somebody to MAKE IT..!! Gen 1 axel backs dont fit.
Oh interesting, yeah I don't want a drone. Ok I may have to wait and see on an axel back then.

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
677 Posts
The tuned gen one seems a bit weak from other comparisons I've seen. Looks like all they did was smooth out the dip instead of trying for power. Maybe their gas is particularly bad idk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts