Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm super hyped for this car, but I want to check if the infotainment can wirelessly connect and project my smartphone. I really enjoyed that feature in my BMW F30, and I'm hoping this vehicle has something similar.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,724 Posts
Hello all,

I'm super hyped for this car, but I want to check if the infotainment can wirelessly connect and project my smartphone. I really enjoyed that feature in my BMW F30, and I'm hoping this vehicle has something similar.

Cheers!
No wireless AA/ACP. But they have more easily accessible USB points in the centre console, which you can of course plug a dongle in for wireless afaik.

·
Registered
2022 Halo White Toyota GR86 6MT
166 Posts
Nevermind, we are good for now... But still not nice to hear because we dont know what that means for current cars "only" assisting android auto and not Google Assistant driving mode
View attachment 9725
source: Android Auto for Phone Screens is officially dying for everyone
I think the thing being removed is strictly the on phone android auto experience (using the phone screen vs. plugging into you head unit). There is no way Google is removing such a key feature and leaving Apple as the only one supporting the feature

1 - 9 of 9 Posts