Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 Pavement Gray
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, the audio on GR86 is not the best...or even 'good' (my first ever car, 2004 Camry had a better audio system).

Would anyone happen to know if the OEM+ 8 speaker setup would work with a 6-speaker Base model GR86?

Are there any other audio upgrades I should look into?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try reaching out to them they designed both options so they may know, they're pretty quick to respond usually.

My guess is the base probably wont have the extra speaker wiring. For the base model they did not include wiring thats in the premium for other featrures like the puddle lights or the mirror defroster.

Just in case you didn't notice there is an option for the Base model too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
For the base model they did not include wiring thats in the premium for other featrures like the puddle lights or the mirror defroster.
My base GR86 has mirror defrosters, but I don't think the base BRZ does. I guess Toyota figured it would probably be cheaper to put the same mirrors in both trims, since they're all the same black color as well.

Sorry to stray from your topic, OP. Just wanted to clear this up.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Base - Trueno Blue
145 Posts
From my experience replacing the speakers on my base gr86, there isn't a hardness in there for the blank spot for speakers 7&8 in the dash, I don't know for sure but my guess it seems you'll have to get another harness that probably piggybacks off of the dash tweeters. I did GR86Talk's exact guide minus the sub and I enjoy it greatly while still technically maintaining the 6 speaker system (all that changed was not using dash tweeters since you've got 2 ways for everything in here so you've got plenty) To my knowledge there isn't a lot of just plug and play options that are satisfactory upgrades. I could be wrong since it's been a couple of months and maybe something came out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts