Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the new 2022. But I need know if I can fit my my whole family in it at the same time. Am I dreaming?

Me - 5'9"
Wife - 5'2"
Kid 1 - 5'7"
Kid 2 - 5'0"

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up my car yesterday and I tried to stuff my family in to see if it could be done.
I am 6’
Wife and kids are all around 5’3”
We can all get in but I have to move a bit closer to the wheel than I would like. It would be fine for for short drives but I think if they were wedged in the back for much more than 30mins the kids would probably not be happy. Whoever is sitting behind me has their toes under my seat.
it is not great for 4 people but it IS possible.
The car is incredible though in every other way!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you still jack up the new seats to make it easier for back seat passengers to fit their feet. Or do the new seats make it harder to fit

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can you still jack up the new seats to make it easier for back seat passengers to fit their feet. Or do the new seats make it harder to fit
Have you seen the back seats? They are not made for anyone to sit in for any length trip but the shortest, or if you have small children

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even for small children there isn’t much room for feet unless under the seat which is why I was wondering if can still lift up the seat a small amount to fit feet under rather then having to sit with legs to the side

·
Registered
374 Posts
Best I have ever done is 1 person in the back by having the front passenger have their seat way further forward than they would normally.
The rear seat is really just a fancy extra rear parcel shelf.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
89 Posts
No. I sat in a nice guy’s 2022 BRZ and he sat in front, me in the back. I’m 5’ 10” and he was about similar height. I “fit” but my head was against the glass, my legs were splayed out around the seat and being squeezed, and he had to lift the seat up and slide it forward.

It works in a pinch but would be terrible for even semi-regular usage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No way. Everyone would be miserable fairly quickly. Go for a Veloster if you have to have the sports car feel and family in the car. Or, a GTI. The back seats in the twins are not really designed to have people in them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In the U.K. a Fiesta is a normal family car for many families… so where I come from, yes, they could fit. I have been on hour long trips in the BRZ (6’ tall) back seat and yeah it was squished but not uncomfortable or dying or considering amputation… yes the Fiesta has more room obviously in the back but the point is if you grew up with small 2 door hatchbacks and coupes (for example) then yes small people can fit all day long in the back imo… However comrades… if you grew up in ‘Murica, in your parents Suburban only knowing Captains chairs as a kid… then NO. Lol.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
298 Posts
Not a good idea. CAN they fit? Probably. Should they have to suffer like that? Probably not. That isnt the purpose of these cars. The back seats are really not meant to be used. Hopefully your wife has a more practical car. Thats how we roll in my family. My wife, my son and I all have more than 1 vehicle. We each have at least 1 fun car and 1 sensible car. Not everyone can do that or wants to do that. If you are a 1 car family.... keep shopping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have an Outback as our other car.

But there could be times I need to take everyone in the BRZ. Or pick up a kid with their friend, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I'm also looking at the 2020 10th gen Civic Si (I like having the automatic emergency braking that was standard on 2020s) . The new 2022 11th gen Si looks like it might be slow and pricey.

Two problems:
1. Used 2020 10th Gen Si are going for more than they were new.
2. I've fallen in love with BRZ, lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, I'm also looking at the 2020 10th gen Civic Si (I like having the automatic emergency braking that was standard on 2020s) . The new 2022 11th gen Si looks like it might be slow and pricey.

Two problems:
1. Used 2020 10th Gen Si are going for more than they were new.
2. I've fallen in love with BRZ, lol.
Have you read reviews about the 2022 SI? Its been getting pretty good reviews. I know how you feel about falling in love with a car. I am in love with the new Supra, but new or used, it is beyond my budget. I drove myself crazy for a couple months trying to figure out a way to buy one, but I couldn’t do it. That’s why I’m going with the GR86.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've not seen any 2022 Si reviews with performance numbers yet. Reviews of the 2022 non-Si Civic show they are much slower than the previous gen. So the thinking is the Si may be slower, too. It did definitely drop 5 hp. And pricing is also up considerably from previous gen.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
89 Posts
In the U.K. a Fiesta is a normal family car for many families… so where I come from, yes, they could fit. I have been on hour long trips in the BRZ (6’ tall) back seat and yeah it was squished but not uncomfortable or dying or considering amputation… yes the Fiesta has more room obviously in the back but the point is if you grew up with small 2 door hatchbacks and coupes (for example) then yes small people can fit all day long in the back imo… However comrades… if you grew up in ‘Murica, in your parents Suburban only knowing Captains chairs as a kid… then NO. Lol.
I literally rode to school everyday from ages 7-15 in the back of different coupes, mainly BMWs and a 911 and never minded it. The BRZ is terrible lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have an Outback as our other car.

But there could be times I need to take everyone in the BRZ. Or pick up a kid with their friend, etc.
3 adults in a BRZ is doable depending on the flexibility of the individuals. I’d say; take the potential victims to the dealer’s and try it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’d even consider a cheap 15 year old car as an extra car. I think anyone who wants this car and can buy it for a ridiculously low $30.000 is out of his or her mind when they don’t.
Just bought a 2004 Mazda 2 for my mum. Terrific little car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a completely different animal than the Fiesta. The Fiesta was designed to actually fit people in the back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts