Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Miata w/ LSD, 2017 WRX Premium
15 Posts
these posts are never about the wife not wanting the car but more about another thing that is pulling attention away from them. I have been married for 20 years and I can honestly say its never about the car. Just get a car for her and call it a day. she is happy and she doesn't have to drive or worry about your car. happiness is shared between 2 people, spouses are not responsible for the other persons happiness.
Profile name checks out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Used Porsche Macan S-340hp, GTS-360hp or Turbo-400hp. awd, performance oriented transmission, adaptive/radar cruise, adjustable suspension, adjustable exhaust if optioned, offroad capable, and luxury. May change your mind on hating hatchbacks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's not like this thing is an Austin Healey Sprite or some kind of clapped-out, fuel-leaking old POS that's a decade past end-of-life. If you're looking for an excuse to ditch a car you're not really into, why do you need that? I'm finding women love this thing. My first car was a 240Z. It wasn't the reason I bought it, but I thought the girls would like it. They didn't care. They did love the Subaru wagon art car that followed (plus, the extra space was handy). Didn't expect women to care about this one, but I'm wrong again. I have never dated a woman who demanded I changed out a car I loved because of her opinion of it—she's free to drive whatever soul-sucking eunuchmobile she wants and can afford, after all. Of course, I'm single, but I'm a loner who won't be controlled (and I'm not a controller, either), so I'm pretty happy staying this way. Some people aren't, but that would seem a pretty shaky ground to be on if the relationship hinged on the dislike of a car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Didn't expect women to care about this one, but I'm wrong again.
You're right. My wife legit told me she was going to go pick it up from the detailer and probably be driving it a bunch before I get back. I told her no way in hell. It's got 6 miles, I paid $400 to have it move on a rollback to the detailer from the dealer, and she hasn't spent enough time driving my manual Jeep; she'd end up money shifting while revving past 4K and going 100mph all while finding a curb to run a wheel on. The first time I was out of town, she called me asking if I knew my Ford Fusion Sport did 114...🤦‍♂️🙅‍♂️

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're right. My wife legit told me she was going to go pick it up from the detailer and probably be driving it a bunch before I get back. I told her no way in hell. It's got 6 miles, I paid $400 to have it move on a rollback to the detailer from the dealer, and she hasn't spent enough time driving my manual Jeep; she'd end up money shifting while revving past 4K and going 100mph all while finding a curb to run a wheel on. The first time I was out of town, she called me asking if I knew my Ford Fusion Sport did 114...🤦‍♂️🙅‍♂️
oh wow. hide your keys lol. let her pick her own vehicle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
oh wow. hide your keys lol. let her pick her own vehicle.
I would totally hide them but I'm 7500 miles away. lol. I did tell her that the detailer likes me better than he likes her since I pay the bill...so I don't think she'll try to get the keys from him.

I could never let her pick her own vehicle. She'd pick a beat up old minivan. Thankfully I got her to upgrade a year ago to a 21 Pilot Sport AWD from her piece of junk 17 Escape 2.0 AWD.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Being the only person in my household who knows how to use 3 pedals...I am assured to be safe from such horrors!

·
Registered
‘22 GR86
28 Posts
I got mine in February and live in New England, and I had 0 issues in the winter on my hour long commute. Just throw some snow tires on and all is well. From the crash images people have shared, it seems pretty damn safe to me. Can she just get her own car?

My husband doesn’t like my 86 cause it hurts his knees to get in and out, but this post reminded me to go tell him thank you, cause he’d never ask me to get rid of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2022 Hyundai Kona N
2022 Hyundai Elantra N
2015 - 2020 Audi A4 or S4 Quattro (used)
2015 - 2020 Audi A3 or S3 Quattro (used)
2018 - 2022 Subaru WRX
2019 - 2020 Honda Civic Type R
2022 Honda Civic SI
2020 - 2022 Lexus IS300 or IS250 (used)
2016 Mitsubishi Evolution X (Can't remember what year it is)
2019 Ford Focus RS or Fiesta ST
2020 - 2022 Mazda 3 Sport

Some I can list. Yes some are way more expensive than the GR86, but its just food for thought. Atleast those suggestions can be crossed off.

Weird though... I always thought the BRZ's and GR86's were good for winter. And RWD, FWD or AWD it doesn't matter. Any car can be dangerous it just depends on how you drive and what tires you have.

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
779 Posts
Light cars feel scary to people who always drive trucks.
With similar tires all they do is transmit more information to the driver. The guy in the truck will just be clueless when he drives off the road.
Saw this all the time in Idaho. Worn out factory tires on a Tahoe or F150 in the ditch while my WRX cruises on past. Or Fiesta, or GTI.

21 - 40 of 117 Posts