Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
421 - 440 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
Holy shit, that means I'm looking at June/July. That's crazy.😖
None of it seems to make any sense.
Just prior to Christmas, my dealer told me that my car was scheduled for production 1st week of January. The dealer again confirmed January when he called me after New Year and said he would not know any more until it was half way here on the boat from Japan, but he said it is only a 2 week boat trip once it leaves Japan to Sydney.
SA via phone told me January production.
Keyring was sent first week of December but I think that is random.
That's all I can get out of them. Certainly NO email from SA except the original one confirming the order.

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
I agree-very vague. I ordered direct from SA with a contract date of Sept 8.
Hmm. When did they first tell you about your estimated delivery if you can remember?

I think (even though you are in WA) there may be a common thread here, but I'm hesitant to say just yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm. When did they first tell you about your estimated delivery if you can remember?

I think (even though you are in WA) there may be a common thread here, but I'm hesitant to say just yet.
I nagged them in Oct and early Nov and received an April/May date from them at that time.

Silence from them since Nocember until this morning’s email which came out of the blue (no nagging since November).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mmmm....very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
My contract was 7th Sep but no email for me.
I placed my order on 9th Sep. Just got an email from SA this morning.
Said mine will be in production during next month February 2022 with a delivery of May/June.
It does not make any sense to me why it takes so long.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
Said mine will be in production during next month February 2022 with a delivery of May/June.
Online or dealer order and if you don't mind saying, what state are you in?
None of this is adding up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Said mine will be in production during next month February 2022 with a deliverywp of May/June.
If this is true, it would appear Subaru is now 4/5 months behind in production.
The above figures would indicate a July/August delivery for me! 😖😖😖

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
I don't know what is actually happening, but with Subaru USA closing orders for now and Toyota dealers in the USA only getting allocations instead of orders it sure looks like Subaru is having a production issue.

I still believe that the initial 500 need to be delivered no later than 30th June or they lose all credibility for future orders.

I may be way off here, but if I was a gambling man, it looks like dealer orders "may" be in front of online orders in Australia?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked them what is going on, and I have the feedback now. I will copy-paste it here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response. I can confirm you have made it to the first allocation of 500 vehicles. The First allocation is broken down into 5 production months.

We are welcoming the first lot from the 500 orders this month which mainly consists of dealer stock and a small portion of Customer orders across Dealers and online.

Please note that dealer orders will differ. We can guarantee you that your order was not pushed back. We have prioritised 1st in between online sales and dealer sales.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
I asked them what is going on, and I have the feedback now. I will copy-paste it here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note that dealer orders will differ. We can guarantee you that your order was not pushed back. We have prioritised 1st in between online sales and dealer sales.
That sentence doesn't really make sense. It doesn't actually say WHAT was prioritised, unless they are trying to say it is in the order that they came in irrespective of source. Their info to people certainly isn't reflecting that unless the online orders were delayed being processed due to no actual signature?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your response. I can confirm you have made it to the first allocation of 500 vehicles. The First allocation is broken down into 5 production months.

We are welcoming the first lot from the 500 orders this month which mainly consists of dealer stock and a small portion of Customer orders across Dealers and online.

That sentence doesn't really make sense. It doesn't actually say WHAT was prioritised.
That's what I think. They are evading my question instead of giving answers.

·
Registered
129 Posts

What a mess! So according to this, there is no way in H all cars will be delivered before end June. Hard to understand that last paragraph but it seems online has priority over dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What a mess! So according to this, there is no way in H all cars will be delivered before end June. Hard to understand that last paragraph but it seems online has priority over dealer?
I am still having problems understanding that part.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·
I think in a very vague way they are trying to say it is not based on where the order came from.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
I suspect these emails are only going to go to "online orders" because they don't have the dealer to harass?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hate to say it but I'm starting to believe all this. I have a current gen Forester and I know people who have ordered one and waited 5/6 months for delivery. The Forester would be at the very top of Subaru's priorities and I would imagine the BRZ would be at the bottom so I should not be surprised in learning the news here over the last couple of days. I will however be very pissed off at being lied to if this proves to be correct.

421 - 440 of 622 Posts