Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
401 - 420 of 622 Posts

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
So found out what happened to the keyring gift. 1 question of my 5 got answered! And genuinely I am pleased just to have contact.

According to Subaru the dealer had not updated my address until after they were sent out (after specifically emailing the dealer in September of the new address, they only did it seemingly just before I called them in December). So it went to my an old address that I was renting, whereby apparently it was 'signed' for. Good news is they are sending me another one, soonish.

I've also been told the car is in production now and with an estimate of 31st March??? for delivery.

I've been trying to call the dealer, arranged a time for 2:30. I'm not sure I will be able to post what the end outcome will be.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Just spoke to my salesman here in Perth. No such announcements here. He did confirm that their demo car landed in Perth before Christmas but is still in the compound.
Perhaps Subaru Australia want everything to happen in dealers on the same day....ish?

He did say he would try to find out if there is any further info on my car......🤞
It would make perfect sense for them to coordinate to have the event on the same day everywhere

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
So found out what happened to the keyring gift. 1 question of my 5 got answered! And genuinely I am pleased just to have contact.

According to Subaru the dealer had not updated my address until after they were sent out (after specifically emailing the dealer in September of the new address, they only did it seemingly just before I called them in December). So it went to my an old address that I was renting, whereby apparently it was 'signed' for. Good news is they are sending me another one, soonish.

I've also been told the car is in production now and with an estimate of 31st March??? for delivery.

I've been trying to call the dealer, arranged a time for 2:30. I'm not sure I will be able to post what the end outcome will be.
Good news on the keyring at least.
In production "now" and delivery March 31 sounds like total BS and they have no idea and are just hedging their bets.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Thanks for the link Dean.
Looks like we'll be seeing a bunch of Australian reviews in the next few weeks.
Will be good to see some reviews based on our conditions and I assume a car tuned for our roads. Will be better when WE can give those reviews ourselves.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Good news on the keyring at least.
In production "now" and delivery March 31 sounds like total BS and they have no idea and are just hedging their bets.
Sounds like crap to me too. I have an estimated delivery for 31 March on my contract and I have had no communication from either SA or the dealer since the order confirmation which was sent just a few days after I ordered the car. I do not have the keyring.
The way things are shaping up, I will be lucky to see my car in the first half of the year. 😧

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
Sounds like crap to me too. I have an estimated delivery for 31 March on my contract and I have had no communication from either SA or the dealer since the order confirmation which was sent just a few days after I ordered the car. I do not have the keyring.
The way things are shaping up, I will be lucky to see my car in the first half of the year. 😧
You ordered early November right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got en email from SA.

“We’re excited to announce that we anticipate your Subaru BRZ to embark production during this month January 2022 with a delivery April/May.”

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Just got en email from SA.

“We’re excited to announce that we anticipate your Subaru BRZ to embark production during this month January 2022 with a delivery April/May.”
WTF? "anticipate" means "we hope but don't really know". Delivery April/May? that is 3 to 4 months from Japan to Australia? These numbers don't add up.
You must be the only person SA has bothered to email. I was given info by the dealer and I know a couple of others have been as well and none have been contacted by SA via email.
What is your dealer telling you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
WTF? "anticipate" means "we hope but don't really know". Delivery April/May? that is 3 to 4 months from Japan to Australia? These numbers don't add up.
You must be the only person SA has bothered to email. I was given info by the dealer and I know a couple of others have been as well and none have been contacted by SA via email.
What is your dealer telling you?
I agree-very vague. I ordered direct from SA with a contract date of Sept 8.

401 - 420 of 622 Posts