Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Appears there may be a viewing event with Subaru for the new BRZ at the end of next week in Brisbane (City Subaru)?
Wonder if this is QLD only or may pop up in other states soon?
Brisbane makes sense with current lockdowns in place in Sydney and Melbourne. SA and WA would not be worth the effort lol
I suspect Sydney will be in a few weeks after we get released and Melbourne sometime next century the way they are sadly going atm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep agree, would be completely amazed if we saw something similar here in Perth :rolleyes:
We may see a few dealer cars Dec/Jan hopefully.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have any of you who have pre ordered negotiated the price of your order at all? Or is that not as much of a thing with pre orders (never bought brand new or pre ordered a car before 😄).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have any of you who have pre ordered negotiated the price of your order at all? Or is that not as much of a thing with pre orders (never bought brand new or pre ordered a car before 😄).
I doubt anyone will have much bargaining power particularly in Sydney as the importer also owns most of the Subaru dealerships as well (and several in Melbourne as well). Add to that the pre-order as the current situation and there is not much to be able to negotiate with sadly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I doubt anyone will have much bargaining power particularly in Sydney as the importer also owns most of the Subaru dealerships as well (and several in Melbourne as well). Add to that the pre-order as the current situation and there is not much to be able to negotiate with sadly.
I ordered as soon as Subaru officially opened for pre-orders so no negotiation at all to try to secure a car in the first allocation. As far as I can tell WA has the highest on-road costs in Australia so the manual Coupe S I ordered is a bit over 44K. First time in my life I will have ever paid full retail.....😑

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
No negotiation. I think most Subaru places are now fixed price dealers. There isn't even a cost for paints now.

Not that I care, the car is literally cheaper than some of the last gen used cars - the market is silly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No negotiation. I think most Subaru places are now fixed price dealers. There isn't even a cost for paints now.

Not that I care, the car is literally cheaper than some of the last gen used cars - the market is silly.
100% agree they seem to be fixed price. I was reading somewhere not that long ago that it won't be long before dealers are basically only getting their "delivery fee" and the rest is dictated by the manufacturer/distributor no matter what brand.

And yeah, I have been watching people trying to sell their Gen 1 cars for insane prices imo considering how many km they have on them and in some cases very early versions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fixed price actually makes me feel way more comfortable tbh, much less hassle and stress. And that’s a great point about the current state of the used market. It’s still an unbelievable deal considering! I’m also in WA so will unfortunately cop the highest on road cost :( I’m expecting to pay up to around the same price as the BRZ for the GR 86. But I guess we won’t know till the official orders open up 🙂

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Appears there may be a viewing event with Subaru for the new BRZ at the end of next week in Brisbane (City Subaru)?
Wonder if this is QLD only or may pop up in other states soon?
Does anyone know if this went ahead? I was hoping there might be something on youtube from it but doesn't look like it so far if it did happen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know if this went ahead? I was hoping there might be something on youtube from it but doesn't look like it so far if it did happen.
This was all I could find on the Facebook page of City Subaru in Brisbane.
Seems it was a LHD example in Australia temporarily…..
Have to admit the WRC colour looks very nice. Would have to see the car in person but looks a bit similar in the photos to the Rising Blue of my VW Scirocco R.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts