Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2761 - 2780 of 2812 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will see them about as frequently as you currently see the GR Yaris - that is to say extremely rarely unless you live in the suburb where one is parked.

They are delivering roughly 80 a month for the BRZ, and 90 a month for the GR86 going on the limited information we have on sales figures and advised annual allocations. The BRZ had a head start, but sales in the US will tell you that the GR86 will catch up and take over by a fair margin, I would expect those numbers to double next year (at least for the GR86).

I mean there are some people that wont buy them because of prices and interest rates, but there are then people that don't buy a more expensive car like a Porsche because of prices and interest rates and just get one of theses - its hard to know what is going to happen in the market after the production limits come off.
Funny you should say that...........I also have a GR Yaris Rallye in the shed, so my street is probably not the average street for GR Toyotas! Having said that, I think the trifecta with the GR Corolla will take a while, as their best guess for mine is 2 to 3 years................I suspect it will be longer.............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I can now finally say I am a BRZ owner. I haven’t driven it much but I can definitely say I don’t have many regrets. Surprisingly comfortable and capable car for a commute and with time I can tell it’s gonna be a ton of fun when I can stretch its legs a bit. Hold tight people, the car is worth the wait.

View attachment 17110
Congrats. How long did it take from when you received the email from Subaru that your car has started production to when it was ready for pick up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don’t think Toyota will sell more GR86’s than Subaru with the BRZ this time. The BRZ is the cheaper of the two this time around and the wait time for a GR86 is longer than the equivalent BRZ if you were to buy one today. Toyota are only expecting up to 1500 in the first 12 months, but in the following 12, they may not require another 1500 sales as all the manual buyers have left.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don’t think Toyota will sell more GR86’s than Subaru with the BRZ this time. The BRZ is the cheaper of the two this time around and the wait time for a GR86 is longer than the equivalent BRZ if you were to buy one today. Toyota are only expecting up to 1500 in the first 12 months, but in the following 12, they may not require another 1500 sales as all the manual buyers have left.
Agree. I believe there will be more BRZ than GR86 in Australia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I can now finally say I am a BRZ owner. I haven’t driven it much but I can definitely say I don’t have many regrets. Surprisingly comfortable and capable car for a commute and with time I can tell it’s gonna be a ton of fun when I can stretch its legs a bit. Hold tight people, the car is worth the wait.
Yeap definitely agree with on this! enjoy it! upgrade resistance is futile....I failed badly at this part lol.....

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,894 Posts
Just an FYI fellas - zero offset have managed to reproduce the GR spoiler and have all the BRZ pre-painted options.

Pricing is excellent BTW. 199 unpainted, 339 painted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Two questions for owners of the car:

1. Are the power mirrors able to be operated when the car is off? The manual says there's a window after powering off the car for this to be done like the windows but they don't seem to move? First car with them and I'm clearly having issues adjust my routing when exiting the car haha.

2. Has anyone with an iPhone been able to successfully connect the car to wifi through the phone hotspot? My phone doesn't seem to be listed in the available networks. Just curious to see if there are any system and map updates and my home wifi barely reaches the car when parked on the street.

Really enjoying the car. What people say is true, if you always look back at the car when walking away from it, you know its a good one.

·
Registered
37 Posts

1. Are the power mirrors able to be operated when the car is off? The manual says there's a window after powering off the car for this to be done like the windows but they don't seem to move? First car with them and I'm clearly having issues adjust my routing when exiting the car haha.

2. Has anyone with an iPhone been able to successfully connect the car to wifi through the phone hotspot? My phone doesn't seem to be listed in the available networks. Just curious to see if there are any system and map updates and my home wifi barely reaches the car when parked on the street.

Really enjoying the car. What people say is true, if you always look back at the car when walking away from it, you know its a good one.
Unsure if BRZ is the same, but in my GR86 there is a time delay after switch off when the windows & mirrors still work for a short while. I think opening a door cancels that however?

Also, have a look in the user settings section in case there is some setting in there.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,894 Posts
Unsure if BRZ is the same, but in my GR86 there is a time delay after switch off when the windows & mirrors still work for a short while. I think opening a door cancels that however?

Also, have a look in the user settings section in case there is some setting in there.
Yep, the mirrors and all the accessories are still on for a while, unless you open the door.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same here Mid Sep order, received this email today.

So excited. Will be happy if the car arrives in Jan-Feb, that would still be earlier than tentative March end date provided by dealer.

Can't wait 🤩
UPDATE: My dealer called me this morning to confirm that a VIN has been allocated to my order and the car is going into production in Dec.
The dealership is expecting delivery by Jan, worst case mid-Feb.

Things are moving!!!🤩 So glad to have moved my order to Subaru. This drip feed of information is exciting ☺

Can't wait.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Yes I was able to hotspot to my iPhone. It did take a few attempts & then the iPhone suddenly appeared in the wifi list. Was able to do the update for the head unit while driving around (you have to keep it connected/turned on).

·
Registered
61 Posts

I have often tried folding the mirrors after turning off and it never seems to work for me. I have to remember to fold them in before I shut down. And then I always forget to open them again until Im on the road.

·
Registered
27 Posts

1) power mirror part should come standard to auto close but if you want to diy - Subaru DOOR MIRROR AUTO SYSTEM | JDM Japanparts.com | ZD8
2) I can with my android

I look back to cause i don't remember if i pulled the hand brake :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have often tried folding the mirrors after turning off and it never seems to work for me. I have to remember to fold them in before I shut down. And then I always forget to open them again until Im on the road.
My GR86 mirrors auto open when I start the engine, so perhaps there is a user setting you can change? Handbook should show it.

2761 - 2780 of 2812 Posts