Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2741 - 2760 of 2812 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah Glen Waverley is my dealership too. It is very easy to miss from both directions even though it sits near a busy entrance to the Monash Fwy. Has always been a bizarre thing about its location.

Been told the car is ready to go for pickup tomorrow morning. Very glad to finally reach the end of my wait.

Last hill I'm trying to climb is to get the mats to be thrown in. Really should have negotiated that earlier so it'll be my own fault if I have to fork out for them, but hoping for some last minute goodwill haha.
Wow, tomorrow!! how exciting!! When did you order yours?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah Glen Waverley is my dealership too. It is very easy to miss from both directions even though it sits near a busy entrance to the Monash Fwy. Has always been a bizarre thing about its location.

Been told the car is ready to go for pickup tomorrow morning. Very glad to finally reach the end of my wait.

Last hill I'm trying to climb is to get the mats to be thrown in. Really should have negotiated that earlier so it'll be my own fault if I have to fork out for them, but hoping for some last minute goodwill haha.
at Xmas I stay down in Burwood East, so I will have to keep my eyes open and spotto all these new BRZ’s in the area when I drive round.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, tomorrow!! how exciting!! When did you order yours?
Last week of May, so just under a 6 month wait for me

at Xmas I stay down in Burwood East, so I will have to keep my eyes open and spotto all these new BRZ’s in the area when I drive round.
There definitely has been a few more popping up around south-eastern Melbourne. There was even one of them parked randomly on my street last week that was in my exact same spec. Needed to quickly reassure myself that I hadn't gone mad and somehow subconsciously picked the car up. :ROFLMAO:

I had only seen 2 others on the road before this month at all, and since then I've seen 3 more and one GR86, though pretty certain the latter was a demo. So yeah, they're definitely getting into the hands of buyers now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday I got the same email being talked about above. But it's hard to be sure when my order officially started. I initially signed in mid-June and had a December ETA, but in late August, I had to postpone the order when my wife stopped working, then resumed the order about 3 weeks after that. The additional confusion came from the fleet arm of the dealership initially confirming no penalty/delay to the order/ETA as the car hadn't been allocated yet, but then they flipped their story and put me to the back of the queue. That all happened around the time the GR86 pricing was announced and every man and his dog seemed to have put in an order in between, so my new ETA pushed out to May.
Hence I figured I'd still be waiting for another 3-4 months until I heard anything so I'm happy to be hearing news of any sort this year. Happy days.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,894 Posts
Hi gents,

Just a PSA, the hike it throttle controllers are on a black friday special - 40% off.

Not sure if it will be ok in our car, probably, but its got a 30 day return policy so I reckon I'll just return it if its no good.

I think the mid range one is just over $100, and the top spec one is around $150, however I couldn't add the mid range one to my cart so potentially they are sold out of those. Was able to buy the top spec one (which has actual knobs - which I am a fan of anyway, but doesn't look as nice I think).

Hike IT - Throttle Controller if your interested, but pretty cheap!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I can now finally say I am a BRZ owner. I haven’t driven it much but I can definitely say I don’t have many regrets. Surprisingly comfortable and capable car for a commute and with time I can tell it’s gonna be a ton of fun when I can stretch its legs a bit. Hold tight people, the car is worth the wait.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
30 Posts
just out of curiosity, how rare do you guys think BRZ/GR86 will be in the street in 2023/24? looks like there will be a huge influx of BRZ or GR86 into Australia starting Jan 2023. I like my car to be rare and stand out among other cars in the street. do you think this car will shortly be spotted literally everywhere you go like Yaris or Corolla?

·
Registered
23 Posts
just out of curiosity, how rare do you guys think BRZ/GR86 will be in the street in 2023/24? looks like there will be a huge influx of BRZ or GR86 into Australia starting Jan 2023. I like my car to be rare and stand out among other cars in the street. do you think this car will shortly be spotted literally everywhere you go like Yaris or Corolla?
I don't think they'll be as common as the first generation. They do seem to be making less of these new ones, especially for Australia even though we were one of the best global markets for the first gen. More should start popping up next year seeing as BRZ production has seemingly picked up and you'd think Toyota would actually start delivering GR86s sometime next year, though no one's actually sure of anything over on that side.

In general they won't be anywhere near as common as economical compact hatches, crossover SUVs and EVs so you'll still stand out, especially if you opt for a colour instead of the greyscale ones which could be a little more anonymous in the current day where people only seem to drive white, black, silver or grey cars.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have yet to see one on the road. My dealer said they haven’t sold many. I reckon they will be pretty uncommon on the roads.
Unlike last gen, the current gen are not exactly cheap cars anymore so not as easily attainable for younger kids.

Also, I don't believe these cars are P-Plate legal either.

I still think these cars are great value for money if you want a 2 door RWD coupe and is one of the reason why I am getting one now to replace my comfortable/luxury hot hatch while I can still get in and out of low cars easily lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have yet to see another privately owned GR86 on the roads here.

My GR86 GT in Apollo Blue is certainly getting plenty of looks from Gen 1 86/BRZ drivers. I am being stopped in the street for a chat when near it quite a bit also. It is certainly standing out!

I saw a very shiny BRZ in WR Blue yesterday - very nice (looking forward to my 10th Anniversary car next Jan/Feb).

These cars will never be common like a Corolla - even the Gen 1 cars are still infrequent sightings, despite 10 years of sales! 1,000 or even 2,000 cars spread around Oz is nothing but a drop in the ocean!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unlike last gen, the current gen are not exactly cheap cars anymore so not as easily attainable for younger kids.

Also, I don't believe these cars are P-Plate legal either.

I still think these cars are great value for money if you want a 2 door RWD coupe and is one of the reason why I am getting one now to replace my comfortable/luxury hot hatch while I can still get in and out of low cars easily lol
They are not P Plate legal in SA & some other states, but some states do allow them - so check carefully before buying if you are on Ps.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,894 Posts
You will see them about as frequently as you currently see the GR Yaris - that is to say extremely rarely unless you live in the suburb where one is parked.

They are delivering roughly 80 a month for the BRZ, and 90 a month for the GR86 going on the limited information we have on sales figures and advised annual allocations. The BRZ had a head start, but sales in the US will tell you that the GR86 will catch up and take over by a fair margin, I would expect those numbers to double next year (at least for the GR86).

I mean there are some people that wont buy them because of prices and interest rates, but there are then people that don't buy a more expensive car like a Porsche because of prices and interest rates and just get one of theses - its hard to know what is going to happen in the market after the production limits come off.

2741 - 2760 of 2812 Posts