Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2721 - 2740 of 2812 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
It looks like we are the same batch, 6-7 months waiting for me though lol
Ah that a decent wait. Seems like Subie has geared up production on Aus spec cars recently. The Americans are reporting that 2023 production is closed for them and they are waiting on 2024 models to open.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of us getting deliveries hopefully at the same time in jan.

·
Registered
2023 | Subaru BRZ | Crystal White Pearl
35 Posts
Talked to my dealer yesterday and my end of june order with a january delivery date is now due early december.

Also if anyone has any advice since this is my first time buying a new car, they said if i get aftermarket tint instead of dealer tint, that it will void door and electronics warranty etc. Which i know is complete bollocks and just a sales tactic, but they want me to sign another thing about it voiding warranty.

Will there be any problem if i do? I know the chances of anything happening are next to none, but say i sign it and something goes, do they still need to prove the tint was the cause or would i be screwed since i signed? I'm not even sure if it's legal for them to do so, but just wondering what options i have. I'm not gonna be walking away without the car though considering i've waited so long.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers guys!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also if anyone has any advice since this is my first time buying a new car, they said if i get aftermarket tint instead of dealer tint, that it will void door and electronics warranty etc
Sounds like BS but I am probably going to go with dealer tint as suggested by the mod of this group a few pages back. If the tint is not perfect than it’s in the dealers court to rectify and it’s more convenient.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Talked to my dealer yesterday and my end of june order with a january delivery date is now due early december.

Also if anyone has any advice since this is my first time buying a new car, they said if i get aftermarket tint instead of dealer tint, that it will void door and electronics warranty etc. Which i know is complete bollocks and just a sales tactic, but they want me to sign another thing about it voiding warranty.

Will there be any problem if i do? I know the chances of anything happening are next to none, but say i sign it and something goes, do they still need to prove the tint was the cause or would i be screwed since i signed? I'm not even sure if it's legal for them to do so, but just wondering what options i have. I'm not gonna be walking away without the car though considering i've waited so long.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers guys!
My dealer never said anything about aftermarket tint voiding warranty. If I have to guess, its probably got to do with liquid damaging electronics. I would not sign it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
got the email today, ordered on 14/9/2022 at a Subaru dealer in Glen Waverley Melbourne. hopefully will get the delivery early next year.

"Great News! Your Subaru BRZ will be arriving in the next few months

Great News! I'm thrilled to confirm that your all-new Subaru BRZ is currently scheduled to arrive in the next few months. Over the next couple of months, your new Subaru BRZ will progress through the production line at the Subaru Gunma factory and will be on its way to you in no time.

Thank you for being a Subaru driver. "

·
Registered
245 Posts
got the email today, ordered on 14/9/2022 at a Subaru dealer in Glen Waverley Melbourne. hopefully will get the delivery early next year.

"Great News! Your Subaru BRZ will be arriving in the next few months

Great News! I'm thrilled to confirm that your all-new Subaru BRZ is currently scheduled to arrive in the next few months. Over the next couple of months, your new Subaru BRZ will progress through the production line at the Subaru Gunma factory and will be on its way to you in no time.

Thank you for being a Subaru driver. "
Good to see that the dealers are being kept in the loop too. Subaru is knocking production out the park this month. I haven’t seen that Glen Waverley dealer before, is it on Springvale Rd or somewhere else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good to see that the dealers are being kept in the loop too. Subaru is knocking production out the park this month. I haven’t seen that Glen Waverley dealer before, is it on Springvale Rd or somewhere else?
They are called Subaru Glen Waverley but are actually located in Mulgrave. At the corner of Springvale Road and Ferntree Gully Road, near the entrance of M1. 1 Rosemary Ct, Mulgrave VIC 3170

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah Glen Waverley is my dealership too. It is very easy to miss from both directions even though it sits near a busy entrance to the Monash Fwy. Has always been a bizarre thing about its location.

Been told the car is ready to go for pickup tomorrow morning. Very glad to finally reach the end of my wait.

Last hill I'm trying to climb is to get the mats to be thrown in. Really should have negotiated that earlier so it'll be my own fault if I have to fork out for them, but hoping for some last minute goodwill haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah Glen Waverley is my dealership too. It is very easy to miss from both directions even though it sits near a busy entrance to the Monash Fwy. Has always been a bizarre thing about its location.

Been told the car is ready to go for pickup tomorrow morning. Very glad to finally reach the end of my wait.

Last hill I'm trying to climb is to get the mats to be thrown in. Really should have negotiated that earlier so it'll be my own fault if I have to fork out for them, but hoping for some last minute goodwill haha.
end?....mate....your journey is just starting ! :D now you have to resist wait to work on it during the break in period

·
Registered
17 Posts

I will try to get free mats too. Finger cross

2721 - 2740 of 2812 Posts