Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
2421 - 2440 of 2475 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed with upgrading the speakers BRZ vs GTS 86 - even if you go down this path the BRZ will still work out quite a bit cheaper. Probably end up sounding a lot better than the stock 8 speaker 86 system too.

I heard just by adding an amp it will already improve the sound quality by quite a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to a Toyota dealership in Sydney this morning, told them I am after GR86 GTS Manual. asked them whether they can offer some discount given it's about $5k more expensive than BRZ. they said the price is not negotiable. I went to Subaru right after that. they offered $44k for BRZ Coupe S MT with floor mats thrown in. I put down a deposit and signed a contract without any hesitation. Apparently, he sold 10 BRZ MT over the weekend and all the sales were from the customers who were largely disappointed about the GR86 pricing.

I am not sure how this will affect the resale value of BRZ in the future. now that many people are switching from GR86 to BRZ, will this severely bring down the resale value of BRZ ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats.

Regarding future value, who really knows. This car could easily go up in value it was to be discontinued in a couple of years time due to missing safety feature and likewise if Subaru decided to increase the price in the near future to match the GR86 pricing.

Vice versa is also true, if people just want EV or govt start taxing ICE cars heavily.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went to a Toyota dealership in Sydney this morning, told them I am after GR86 GTS Manual. asked them whether they can offer some discount given it's about $5k more expensive than BRZ. they said the price is not negotiable. I went to Subaru right after that. they offered $44k for BRZ Coupe S MT with floor mats thrown in. I put down a deposit and signed a contract without any hesitation. Apparently, he sold 10 BRZ MT over the weekend and all the sales were from the customers who were largely disappointed about the GR86 pricing.

I am not sure how this will affect the resale value of BRZ in the future. now that many people are switching from GR86 to BRZ, will this severely bring down the resale value of BRZ ?
Congrats! The BRZ is the financially sensible move.

When is your production month or delivery ETA?

I am guessing BRZ resale values will go up. I'd be shocked if Subaru doesnt match or even price it higher than the GR for the 24 MY.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,426 ·
hi guys, I have read somewhere that the top trim on BRZ in Australia has 6 speakers whereas GR86 GTS comes with 8 speakers. I am not an audiophile by any means but I definitely do not want to have a crappy audio system in my car as I listen to music while driving.

I am looking to buy a MT and, as you all know by now, GR86 is freaking overpriced and $4.5k more expensive than the equivalent BRZ. However, if the 8 speakers in GR86 are noticeably better than 6 speakers in BRZ, I might just suck it up and go for GR86 only for the superior audio system.

what are your thoughts on this? do you think the 8 speakers in GR86 is worth the extra $4.5k?
6 or 8 won't matter. You will still need an amp and at least better door speakers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! The BRZ is the financially sensible move.

When is your production month or delivery ETA?

I am guessing BRZ resale values will go up. I'd be shocked if Subaru doesnt match or even price it higher than the GR for the 24 MY.
The dealer didnt tell me anything abouts the production months. But he did tell me that it will he FY23 model and the ETA is anywhere between Jan 23 - March 23

·
Registered
66 Posts
Headunit firmware upgrade

Press and hold forward and backwards button and push volume six times on headunit. Access to dealer mode, stroll to bottom can see upgrade firmware.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:271640EC33D0A791D3EB5CF97A194EB64CDA7972&dn=Version10%28RC2202%29_F42CMM122-080%28Mid%29.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

Download the file and put in USB with NTFS, do not unzip then it can upgrade.

But I'm NOT SURE about ANY RISK OR NOT.

If press and hold the forward and backwards buttons and push volume three times can access factory mode.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,434 ·

Press and hold forward and backwards button and push volume six times on headunit. Access to dealer mode, stroll to bottom can see upgrade firmware.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:271640EC33D0A791D3EB5CF97A194EB64CDA7972&dn=Version10%28RC2202%29_F42CMM122-080%28Mid%29.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

If press and hold the forward and backwards buttons and push volume three times can access factory mode.
What does it change? No point doing unless it adds something needed or fixes something I want/need fixed.
I wonder why it needs the USB to be NTFS formatted? You would be surprised how many are still FAT32

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dealer didnt tell me anything abouts the production months. But he did tell me that it will he FY23 model and the ETA is anywhere between Jan 23 - March 23
I placed the order on the 14th of Sep right after I canceled 2 orders I placed for the GR86 in two different TOYOTA dealerships.

I was told the same, production around the end of this year and delivery next year some stage first quarter. brz S model in manual works out to be $5353 cheaper than the GTS in manual in Melbourne.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I wonder if there will be an OTA upgrade via Wifi?

I wish I could adjsut the auto-headlight sensitivity on the BRZ (apparently can on the GR)

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have a look at the Subaru sites the new BRZ gives almost 100% UVA and AVB protection through all side windows PLUS the windscreen; this is new technology so you won't get sunburnt with UV rays.....the car interior may still heat up without an aftermarket tint however you will not be affected by UVA nor UVB rays which are the real sunburn culprits.
Would you mind sharing the link to the website? Where can i find the UV protection?

2421 - 2440 of 2475 Posts