Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium; Suzuki Samurai JX
258 Posts
I usually do first thing in the morning before the sun hits my driveway. Then I get a little more ambient light. One day I’ll have a garage I can wash it in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
When I wash my vehicles I have shade from a tree next to the neighbor's driveway until about noon in the summer. I try not to wash the car in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wash under shade trees, then zoom into the garage to dry with a KLiN drying towel to prevent hardwater spots. No need to rub, just drape the towel and gently drag it over the paint in one direction, one time.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,412 Posts
I wait until the sun is setting but not fully dark. That leaves me enough light to see but keeps the car wet long enough to properly dry it without water spots. I have been using this turtle wax product called "dry and wax" recently too. It works just as it says. After washing you just keep the car wet, spray the product on 1 panel at a time then use your microfiber cloth to dry and rub the wax in at the same time. It is not as good as a full blown proper paste wax, but considering it takes me zero extra time vs washing alone I figure its good for use between proper waxes. Im old school and prefer wax. I dont buy into all the ceramic hype. Im sure it works. Just not sure its any better.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I almost always do actual detailing (cleaning all the little details inside and out) at night, in the garage, after dinner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wait until the sun is setting but not fully dark. That leaves me enough light to see but keeps the car wet long enough to properly dry it without water spots. I have been using this turtle wax product called "dry and wax" recently too. It works just as it says. After washing you just keep the car wet, spray the product on 1 panel at a time then use your microfiber cloth to dry and rub the wax in at the same time. It is not as good as a full blown proper paste wax, but considering it takes me zero extra time vs washing alone I figure its good for use between proper waxes. Im old school and prefer wax. I dont buy into all the ceramic hype. Im sure it works. Just not sure its any better.
I've been using the Turtle Hybrid Wax and Ceramic spray on my 86 too and I love it. I was actually applying mine after the car was washed and dried already though, not sure if there's much of a difference but it was very easy and I would recommend it. I live in Florida so we have a lot of hard water and my schedule usually means I have to wash in pretty direct sunlight late afternoon on the weekend and I go panel by panel so I don't get water spots. I was surprised that even in South Florida sunlight I got no streaks and the water fell right off when it rained the next night. Definitely worth it if you didn't opt for the ceramic coating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts