Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a 2022 GR86 6MT Premium Steel Grey from Regency Toyota on May 23rd 2022. I just ordered a 2023 Goobie BRZ in Ice Silver 6MT Sport Tech from DocksteaderSubaru (Vancouver)on Jun 23 2022. My gut feeling is the Subaru.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right was just emailing with Subaru salesman and he said Dec/Jan. Toyota salesman has no idea he says 6 to 9 months but could be longer. Oye these are tough to get a hold of. My midlife crisis car will have to wait.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, Toyota doesn't take orders like Subaru so it's pretty much a waiting game, plus there's probably lots of people in line already and can take forever especially since you want a MT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Toyota salesman has no idea he says 6 to 9 months but could be longer. Oye these are tough to get a hold of. My midlife crisis car will have to wait.
This is probably the biggest thing that pushed me to Subaru over Toyota. Dealers of both brands in my area want the same money down, but with Subaru I’m getting an order to my exact specs with some kind of general timeline until arrival. Meanwhile Toyota wants the same amount of money so I can basically roll the dice every month over allocations, color, transmission, and options.

Neptune Blue is nice but it’s not that nice

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’d guess the BRZ. I’ve been on a waitlist for a Neptune or Track bRed Premium MT since January 5th. No sign of it coming. My dealership told me there’s a shortage on the premium and suggested I try for the base model to maybe get it sooner. I declined. I was able to reserve a limited BRZ (dealer ordered) last week and it may arrive in the next couple of weeks. Subaru dealers have told me to expect a custom ‘23 order by November/December if preordered now.

·
Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
116 Posts
I think you are right was just emailing with Subaru salesman and he said Dec/Jan. Toyota salesman has no idea he says 6 to 9 months but could be longer. Oye these are tough to get a hold of. My midlife crisis car will have to wait.
Just to give u an idea, my car is currently in freight.
86 from destination toyota, put my deposit down dec6th.

I was at openroad Subaru in Nov and the sales guy was telling me I could have one in about 2 months time.

I ultimately wanted the 86 more and also Subaru offered alot less on my vehicle for trade in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll play devils advocate. I requested an allocation on May 9. May 31, my car was in the system as A Status. It switched to F status June 23, and is expected to be here middle of July. Miracles can happen. I have terrible luck...so the boat carrying mine will probably burn up in the ocean--but at least you can see that there's a possibility that your GR86 will come first.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll play devils advocate. I requested an allocation on May 9. May 31, my car was in the system as A Status. It switched to F status June 23, and is expected to be here middle of July. Miracles can happen. I have terrible luck...so the boat carrying mine will probably burn up in the ocean--but at least you can see that there's a possibility that your GR86 will come first.
Whats your build if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are in the States I am in Canada so who knows

1 - 13 of 13 Posts