Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR 86, Pavement Grey, Premium, MT
426 Posts
Alright if your videos are not showing on your computer you will need to add the HEVC video Extensions to windows easy to do just look it up and it will download on its own. .99cents.
By the way the video quality is excellent. I set mine for 1 minute recording but I think 2 minutes would be more appropriate. It will continuously video in one to three minute increments then loop over and erase the earliest videos when the card is full. I will see if I can upload a one minute night clip. I don't know if YouTube will accept this extension or it is pryporitory.

·
Registered
Raven Black GR86 Premium 6MT
139 Posts
Has anyone removed the A pillar to route the wires to the 12V port behind the glove box?
If not how are the wire's routed?
Mine run to the OBD2 port, but same general idea. It’s pretty straightforward, are you running into issues? The A pillar panel doesn’t need to be removed to run wires, there is enough play on it to tuck wires with it in place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine run to the OBD2 port, but same general idea. It’s pretty straightforward, are you running into issues? The A pillar panel doesn’t need to be removed to run wires, there is enough play on it to tuck wires with it in place.
I'm still waiting for the dash cam to come in, but I wanted to get a head start and plan how to route it.
So do you just tuck the wires into the edge between the pillar and the glass?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I actually made a tool out of a small putty knife. Curved the end of it. Like removedonut said you don't have to remove anything to run the wires. Doesn't matter which way you run them. I have a camera in the back window too. There was no issues running those wires as well.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just friction. The front camera I started from the cameras and ran to the fuse block. Tied up the wires near the wiring harness above the fuse block. Then I ran the rear camera wire from the front camera to the back storing the extra wire in the rear window piller then left enough to make it the short distance to the camera.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You’re gonna block the sun visor there. View attachment 6248
Actually it’s not bad. Since it is so high up, the visor goes down without issue. The angle of the visor leaves a perfect amount of room for it to fit. When the sun visor is "fully" down, the edge of it doesn't touch the windshield by maybe less than an 1/8th of an inch.

But I am curious, do the dots blur the image of the dash-cam in your set up? Thats part of the reason why I didn't put mine in the same area as yours. On mine, the lens is in the clear section.

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium; Suzuki Samurai JX
243 Posts
I am going to ask a really stupid question, what are the dash cams for? I noticed they have become pretty popular lately but never looked into why. Figured I would ask the community.

Reactions: SheperdX

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am going to ask a really stupid question, what are the dash cams for? I noticed they have become pretty popular lately but never looked into why. Figured I would ask the community.
in the event of an accident, it is caught on camera. Otherwise, if it is only 2 people (the drivers) that saw what happened, it can be he said vs she said.

The best is when someone lies and tries to blame you, and the person lets them tell their story to the cops, and then you announce you have a dashcam, and they start backpedaling. Those are my favorite videos on the internet.

Edit: perfect example, https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/squabs

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thought I would post this little clip it is in 2k which looks good on the computer but once uploaded to YouTube not so much. If you are loading up to YouTube or online I would stick with the 1080p. I will do the same stretch of Rd in 1080p and see how it looks compare to the 2k. The night video above was in 1080. Of course driving into the sun doesn't help. Once you get into 2k and 4k the files are huge compare to the 1080p. I have a 256gb card in the camera now and it didn't take long to use up 1/4 of the card. Click on settings and switch to 1440 hd for the best results

21 - 40 of 53 Posts