Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to put a dash cam up, thinking the garmin 2 mini. Are people powering from the battery or just USB port?

Hardwire to the battery sounds like tearing apart the dash.

·
Registered
2018 Fiesta ST, 2019 Shelby GT350R
197 Posts
Need to put a dash cam up, thinking the garmin 2 mini. Are people powering from the battery or just USB port?

Hardwire to the battery sounds like tearing apart the dash.
I have a NIB Black Vue DR900X- 2CH Plus. I'll be powering mine directly from a switched fuse, and discretely running the wire up the A pillar (which side, who knows yet) and the camera will sit above my Uniden R7. The glovebox door is easily removed, and I believe the fuse panel is there. I really don't believe ANY disassembly of the dash will be necessary. I document my installation and share with the group, but my car arrives next month.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just for everyone's knowledge sake: there is a 12v outlet behind the glove box. That is how I ran the cabling in the first gen (hid the cable between the roof lining going down to the right a pillar and into the glove box).

I cant find the confirmation, but I'm like 95% sure it (the outlet) is in the gen 2 as well.

edit: for anyone who wants to check their 2022, this is where the location is on the first gen

·
Registered
115 Posts
Which dash cam?
Some off brand one off Amazon. I got it back during prime day and it was a pretty good deal at the time. Its called TOGUARD 4k front and back cam. The front one goes on the rear view mirror. Which is okay. The angle of the mirror makes it view the passenger side more than the driver side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts