Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news:

the 2.4-litre engine is a much nicer powerplant to rev out over the old 2.0-litre lump. In addition to the healthy bump in power, it’s a much smoother, balanced experience screaming up to its 7000rpm redline. The old 2.0 sounded more like a sewing machine than most of its owners would admit, whereas the feel and noise that this new 2.4-litre produces is, weirdly, slightly more rotary-like.
Finishing off the GT trim are 17-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels wrapped in 215/45R17 Michelin Primacy HP tyres.
Somewhat miraculously, this all translates to a brilliant ride for a sports car on the street, too. Normally, we’re used to having to compromise on-road comfort for solid on-track performance, but the GR 86 proves that extensive chassis engineering and refined damping can give you the best of both worlds. It’s never harsh, and feels very taut yet compliant over rougher tarmac.
The bad news:

The only question is... when? Production delays could push its Aussie arrival towards the middle of 2022.

I really hope they are misinformed regarding the production delays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The good news:

The bad news:

The good news:

The bad news:

i was speaking to a dealership in Scotland and they told me that it could be delayed due to microchip shortages.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was speaking to a dealership in Scotland and they told me that it could be delayed due to microchip shortages.
Subaru will pause production at all of its factories in Japan due to the ongoing global semiconductor shortage. This move will impact the Gunma, Yajima, and Oizumi factories, with the first two handling production of various vehicles and the third building engines and transmissions. All three sites will be closed for four working days from September 7.

The GR86 & BRZ are manufactured in the Gunma plant.

·
Registered
983 Posts

The GR86 & BRZ are manufactured in the Gunma plant.
Exactly, both are made at the same place but BRZ seems like it's going to be fine and GR86 might get delayed.

But than again, BRZ have always been first overall between the two so I could see it happen as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.