Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me how to look for this noise coming from the dash/radio headunit area. Anyone here also hearing this rattle ? The road is smooth.

·
Registered
22' Steel GR86 6MT
358 Posts
Can someone please tell me how to look for this noise coming from the dash/radio headunit area. Anyone here also hearing this rattle ? The road is smooth.
I don't have this particular rattle, but to me it just sounds like plastic on plastic. If you want to fix it the only thing you can do is track it down, remove interior panels, & maybe add some thin foam to prevent the plastic from vibrating

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
some people got sounds from the glovebox, try putting felt pads on the edge of the glovebox so it wont rattle when its closed. like those pads you put under furniture feet.

someone also had a rattle from the cowl on the outside, corner of the black plastic under the back edge of the hood, close to the windshield. Open your hood and see if the cowl plastic may be loose

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I heard something similar in may car the other day, first time I've had any rattle. It was slower in frequency but the same sound. It went away on its own and hasn't been back since. If it comes back I will be on the hunt.

Reactions: micoborromeo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts