Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

What Options will you opt. Out for the 2022 GR86?

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DMichael 
#1 ·
I'm not sure of all the options the GR86 will receive on launch or rather on later dates, but I wanna hear what color you want or what options you think/would like to see on the Toyota.

This is what I want on my GR86

• Neptune Blue GR86
  • Premium Trim (Black Wheels, Duck Bill spoiler & Adaptive LED Headlights)
  • GR badged weather protection mats for the feet and trunk
  • GR Badged Brake Calipers all around the vehicle (hopefully with better braking power. If not, I'd still opt. Out for it)
  • A sub woofer (I've heard, but I'd get it)
  • The Trunk protector (I think called an Oplique???) The reason why is because I hate when water dries and leaves water spots
  • The Shiny side vent accents
  • Side Knee rest pads
  • Cat - back exhaust
  • Quick shift kit

Two other things I've seen on the concept GR Model that I would want would be

• GR Rear window rain deflector
  • The different interior panel set

I'll probably add more if there is more. Toyota said they were "excited for the aftermarket" and I'd bet they are wanting to give us a lot of options from the factory.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not sure of all the options the GR86 will receive on launch or rather on later dates, but I wanna hear what color you want or what options you think/would like to see on the Toyota.

This is what I want on my GR86

• Neptune Blue GR86
  • Premium Trim (Black Wheels, Duck Bill spoiler & Adaptive LED Headlights)
  • GR badged weather protection mats for the feet and trunk
  • GR Badged Brake Calipers all around the vehicle (hopefully with better braking power. If not, I'd still opt. Out for it)
  • A sub woofer (I've heard, but I'd get it)
  • The Trunk protector (I think called an Oplique???) The reason why is because I hate when water dries and leaves water spots
  • The Shiny side vent accents
  • Side Knee rest pads
  • Cat - back exhaust
  • Quick shift kit

Two other things I've seen on the concept GR Model that I would want would be

• GR Rear window rain deflector
  • The different interior panel set

I'll probably add more if there is more. Toyota said they were "excited for the aftermarket" and I'd bet they are wanting to give us a lot of options from the factory.
Pretty solid list. What Toyota is talking about being excited for the aftermarket is more about what everyone does to their cars, I think the ceiling for the twins will be much higher this time around.

#3 ·
True, true. I honestly don't have any plans to put any tune of any sort on it or even mess with the engine. For one, I don't live near anyone that I would trust to tune it really and I think it'll be fine the way it is.
I'm not sure what I'd do aftermarket wise in all honesty. What would u do?

#5 ·
I'm keeping my car clean and simple.

Halo Peral White
PPF (from a shop I know, not Toyota)
Brakes
Coilovers if they have them or aftermarket
Strut tie brace
Stabilizer bar
Maybe cat back exhaust (need to hear it first) or a aftermarket one that sounds good
Tom's front and side diffuser
Maybe a spoiler in the future if they have one I like
Not sure on wheels, I really like the stock ones that come on the Premium

And that's pretty much all I want for my car but maybe a supercharger or turbo in the far future but most likely not lol

#6 ·
I got the STI shifter added on already but I probably wont do much else for a while. I wanna see what the aftermarket comes up with, I also wanna see what STI parts Subaru has planned if any for the vehicle. I'm gonna daily it so I don't want to do a lot, the only thing I'm sure of is I want to get an exhaust at some point after we have some options out and I can hear them. I have a couple wheel options I'm considering but that wont be until I burn through the stock set of tires at the very least. I think these would look good on a black car.
Wheel Automotive tire Product Automotive design Alloy wheel

#7 ·
I'm looking to get the Pavement Gray Premium trim with manual.

Weather liners
Cargo liner
Door edge protection
Maybe the subwoofer, I'd like to hear how the car sounds first.

Within a month of having it, I will get it protective wrap and window tinting.
If it does come out during the snow seasons, I would buy a set of snow tires and performance rims. Take the snow tires and put it on the stock rims and put the premium tires on the new rims.

#11 · (Edited)
I want the absolute base model with no options and manual transmission. Colors: Neptune Blue, Track bRed or Trueno Blue.

I'll customize/tune it with aftermarket parts once I pay it off. Definitely will be upgrading the wheels and tires first.

If they ever come out with the Performance Pack with Bembos and Sachs dampeners, I might go for that if the price is right. Though I'm sure the aftermarket will have us covered there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.