Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example,

1 - my fiancé really hates the center console cup holders and the cover mechanism for them ( I'm not a huge fan myself, but it doesnt bother me anymore). I'm wondering if some sort of insert/adapter/cover will be released so make it more of a solid elbow rest, like this piece i found for previous gen :

Rectangle Comfort Gadget Synthetic rubber Audio equipment
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive design

2 - Fog lights. I aw there is a BRZ set of leds released that can be used as fog lights. Im debating on putting a light bar behind my grill or waiting for actual foglights.

What are you waiting for? Or what have you found that's interesting?

·
Registered
'22 Halo Premium Manual
70 Posts
I'd like a software mod that allows me to turn off the center screen while keeping the audio playing. Right now it's all or nothing, and I wouldn't mind cutting the screen off at night while having music. The dimmer works okay but the dimmer also darkens the dash and I only want to do the center screen.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like a software mod that allows me to turn off the center screen while keeping the audio playing. Right now it's all or nothing, and I wouldn't mind cutting the screen off at night while having music. The dimmer works okay but the dimmer also darkens the dash and I only want to do the center screen.

that reminds me, i'd like to modify the console dimmer to be able to turn off all dash lights ( maybe except speed?) for potential night driving. add an additional tick or switch to it maybe.

·
Registered
'22 bRed GR86 Premium MT
215 Posts

nooo I was hoping you could turn it off and still have music playing. I'm guessing holding the volume knob turns it off completely?

is there a setting buried somewhere to turn the screen off?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Oh the dreaming has begun:
Center cluster themed design options: ( not jsut with a button push )
GR86 sport springs
GR86 performance sport muffler ( without dual tips )
GR86 Performance interior parts ( shift boots, ebrake handle boots, door pad, etc )
GR86 small lip/side skirt kit

·
Registered
Awaiting 23 Neptune GR86 PMT
143 Posts

Thats a shame they dont have it. I remember my stock 16FRS headunit had that feature

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quality phone mount. Not one that precariously clips on to the single vent blade or suction cups in place.
ill probably reuse what i used in my Tiburon, 3m tape mounted to a clean spot on the dash with a small magnet piece i can move/rotate angle. my phone case has an aluminum middle piece to allow wireless charging, and the magnet holds it from there. small, black, and not really noticeable. ill install it when i get my wireless carplay kit

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ill probably reuse what i used in my Tiburon, 3m tape mounted to a clean spot on the dash with a small magnet piece i can move/rotate angle. my phone case has an aluminum middle piece to allow wireless charging, and the magnet holds it from there. small, black, and not really noticeable. ill install it when i get my wireless carplay kit
Does the 3m damage the dash over time? I always avoided anything that stuck on to the dash in fear of that.

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the 3m damage the dash over time? I always avoided anything that stuck on to the dash in fear of that.
In my experience, i used some indoor grade 3m, not the same 3m i would for exterior car mods like fender inserts, badges, etc. Idk how many years i had the mount on my last car, but it peeled itself off once ( over time i think due to cleaning sprays seeping into it), i replaced the tape maybe 2 years ago and it held until i removed it after totaling the car, and did not damage the dash in the process. im not sure if my old dash and 86 dash are the same material, so i hope it plays out the same

·
Registered
46 Posts

There is a separate dimmer for the screen brightness in the infotainment settings. So you can set a new 'max' brightness for the screen separately from the dash, and then that brightness will be controlled by the dimmer as well, along with the dash. I was very happy to find that when I first got the car because to dim the screen to where I wanted it with the dash dimmer, the gauge cluster would be darker than I wanted.

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure if this is "quality", but it works for me, and looks clean. Wanted to share an alternative to the regular suction cup types that are seen. excuse the ridiculous amount of exposure
I like the positioning, but how’s it mounted/secured? 3m to side of the console?

In my previous car for a while I had a 3-way12v power splitter in that spot, just double taped to the side

·
Registered
2022 White BRZ
256 Posts
how are the vibrations, if any?
none. But that is due to the phone case being rubber, and it resting against a little rubber stop i placed on the plastic (see first pic). Basically found a rubber stop in my "random shit + sauce packets" kitchen drawer.

Also routed the charging cable under the plastic sleeve, and then in between the seat/main console.

Edit: I should probably point out however, the drawback with my setup is the seat will not go all the way forward due to the bottom bracket being in the way of the seat track. So, if you have kids, or move the seats up every so often to allow someone to sit in the back, it would have to be from the drivers side.

·
Vendor
2023 BRZ Limited 6MT - WR Blue Pearl
907 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts