Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most car manufacturers have a configurator on their websites that allow you to build what you want and then send it to local dealers. I assume I’ll be able to do the same.
When the MR2 first came out, I went to a local dealership. They had added $5000 worth of options. They said if I wanted one, I could give them a $1500 downpayment, and the next one that came in would be mine. Basically, I’d be buying blind. I found a dealer online that asked for a $500 deposit, and they’d special order the color I wanted, black, with a red interior, instead of black with mustard yellow interior

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most car manufacturers have a configurator on their websites that allow you to build what you want and then send it to local dealers. I assume I’ll be able to do the same.
When the MR2 first came out, I went to a local dealership. They had added $5000 worth of options. They said if I wanted one, I could give them a $1500 downpayment, and the next one that came in would be mine. Basically, I’d be buying blind. I found a dealer online that asked for a $500 deposit, and they’d special order the color I wanted, black, with a red interior, instead of black with mustard yellow interior
For the most part Toyota and Subaru don't really offer that, playing around you can pick an exterior color for your car but options are pretty much limited past that pending on what car you are looking at. Both manufacturers really don't offer multiple interior options. My cousin works for a dealership here in Utah and basically you can pick the severely limited options on the site and email it to the dealer and they can try and find something close, or possibly built for a fee that will be added to the price of the car if they have to ship it in. But again both dealers really don't offer a bunch of options past exterior color and add ons like floor mats, cargo totes and stuff like that. They do have the different editions that come here and there but options are again pretty limited, unfortunately these aren't porches that let you pick almost everything about the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah. I just realized its been 20 years since I bought a new car. Time flies. Hope they have 1 new color in addition to the usual suspects.🤞

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah. I just realized its been 20 years since I bought a new car. Time flies. Hope they have 1 new color in addition to the usual suspects.🤞
Agreed, hopefully with this second generation they give us some more customization options from the factory.
Only time will tell.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts