Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
22 BRZ
201 Posts
Any more details on these? Where can one find them? Cost? Any details on the installation? Plug and play?

Thanks!
What other details would you like? As a couple people mentioned you can find them at quite a few places and I'd guess cost varies, not sure about who actually has stock though. I wanna say I paid around 560 for them. Install was fairly easy, but I worked on cars for 10 years. Still I wouldn't say they're too difficult. I got them super early before any sort of harness/adapter was developed for the USDM cars, the USDM cars do not come wired for these. I just built my own harness and tapped the side marker lights. The housing itself just pops in and out except for one pop clip on the back.

Edit: i don't have any good pics of the lights on, just a couple from when I was testing
Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium MT Trueno Blue
49 Posts
But it looks like you have to buy the lights from them to get the adapters. Same story with another vendor who made some adapters. Not a big deal to wire them yourself but adapters would be cleaner.
Fair point.

I just remembered seeing the Subimods video when I was looking for front bumper cover removal video. If Subimods won’t sell the adapters separately, it won’t help if you’ve already got the LED fog lights.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
201 Posts
But it looks like you have to buy the lights from them to get the adapters. Same story with another vendor who made some adapters. Not a big deal to wire them yourself but adapters would be cleaner.
You can make it as clean as you would like. I have spare wiring harnesses, loom, etc laying around so I just built my own. I should have taken some pics but basically my side marker harness just has an additional connector coming off of it instead of plugging into a split harness. I would recommend something like this or buying one with their supplied harness otherwise you're gonna run into problems later if you need to take off the front bumper as it would be wired to the engine bay harness.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can make it as clean as you would like. I have spare wiring harnesses, loom, etc laying around so I just built my own. I should have taken some pics but basically my side marker harness just has an additional connector coming off of it instead of plugging into a split harness. I would recommend something like this or buying one with their supplied harness otherwise you're gonna run into problems later if you need to take off the front bumper as it would be wired to the engine bay harness.
I already have the lights. If i can get the part numbers/source for the needed connectors i'll build my own. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I already have the lights. If i can get the part numbers/source for the needed connectors i'll build my own. Thanks.
Ya I'm in the same boat.

There was this thread that has some good instructions from a guy who tapped the side marker himself.
www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148332

Hard to find other sources on installing for us Americans.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ, Ice Silver, MT, Limited
224 Posts
Taking it to the first cars and coffee of the year here this morning. Its her first trip to be with other cars. Not socialized yet. Hope she behaves. :). Ill get some pics of other BRZs / cars of interest and post here later .

161 - 171 of 171 Posts