Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my new wheels on yesterday! Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45, stock suspension, 245/35 firehawks. No rub at all but I have to admit the 18’s filled the wheel wells better, hopefully a 1” drop will help it look better. Overall pretty pleased though! It was really hard to find a wheel/tire combo that was lighter and wider than stock, impossible without going forged for 18” rims in my budget. the more I look at it the better it looks imo, definitely better in person.

View attachment 5085

·
Registered
226 Posts
Something very strange just happened.......plugged my sound enhancer back in.......and I liked it. With the exhaust done now, it's playing a very good tone in the cabin with the active sound enhancer plugged back in. I will say this tho, it does, kinda, feel like, implants lol. Having driven it for about a month without the sound enhancer and with the exhaust done, it just feels like a lie. It's hard to describe, I love the cabin sound from it, but it feels like cheating. Something else I noticed, I drove under a bridge and i could hear the echo in the cabin. Now I'm super curious to hear it in a long tunnel.

·
Registered
226 Posts
LOL. Same here. With my catback I still prefer the noise maker plugged in. The engine sound in the cabin doesnt do it for for me.
I just feel like a fraud lol. It's like going to see your favorite band live and they sound like trash because their recorded songs are so far edited and over produced. I dunno if I will stick with it or not lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The theory is based on elegant mathematics . It actually makes more sense compared to traditional ideas of gasses, chemicals and rocks flying around in a luck of the draw soup kitchen of carbon based junk yards .

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
106 Posts
121 - 140 of 171 Posts