Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m on same set up, for now no car yet but try to save 15 % on volk te37 on evesivemotorsports
Will end there sale on 11-19-21 3pm pacific time.
Im lucky 5 miles away from there shop save me some shipping.
Not a bad deal at all. I’m after a set of ze40’s at some point, we will see how everything else is looking price wise before I jump though lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Recently reinstalled my Alpine ktp445u amp to replace the stock amp in the trunk. Night and day difference with the sound. The car actually has decent bass now, window controls still rattle, but not as bad as the previous generation.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't want to just because of the extra weight and losing trunk space. For me, this was a good alternative because it was plug and play, and if I want to I can replace the door woofers for something better.
Do you know if that amp allows you to plug a subwoofer in easily? Also, how hard was the install of the new amp?

I want to easily get some better sound too on my Limited when it gets here.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've waited on coilovers bc I'm not sure what characteristics the car needs. That, and I want to upgrade incrementally to be able to feel what difference each mod makes.

But I already bought RPF1 17x9s, sitting in boxes.
I've had either Motion Control Suspenion or Motons on my last four track/autox cars. For suspension I'm not sure why'd you want to do it incrementally as you would want to install springs, coilovers and camber plates all at the same time and then get the car aligned. Additionally you'll have to figure out your compression/rebound settings ever time you change/install something on your suspension if you are doing it incrementally. My '22 setup will be pretty much the same as my current '16 track car.

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
86 Posts
@DQ Tiny You have to get the right lamp type in LED and - very important - it should probably be CANBUS-compatible (which means they need a series resistor built in). Otherwise, due to the higher LED current draw, the CANBUS will think the incandescent bulb is shorted and will start interrupting the voltage to check if the lamp is replaced. If you have the LED installed, then it will look like hyper-flashing. It's really annoying so you want to avoid that!

Reactions: DQ Tiny

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry, I replied on the wrong message here. It’s nummer two on PhatFreshPrince’s list.
I got the idea from this post.

Here is the link to the YouTube video.

It is in Japanese but shows how to replace them all and links for the bulbs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I've had either Motion Control Suspenion or Motons on my last four track/autox cars. For suspension I'm not sure why'd you want to do it incrementally as you would want to install springs, coilovers and camber plates all at the same time and then get the car aligned. Additionally you'll have to figure out your compression/rebound settings ever time you change/install something on your suspension if you are doing it incrementally. My '22 setup will be pretty much the same as my current '16 track car.
Suspension would be upgraded as a unit. The incremental comment was based on other items such as brakes, engine mods, tune, then E85 if I decide the power gain is worth being bumped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got everything waiting just don’t have a car till Jan/Feb!

RS05RR
Nexen SUR4G
Spirit SpecN+
Oil Cooler
Light bar behind grille
OEM Lip kit
Short Shifter
Adjustable rear arms
Pads, rotors, lines, fluid, cooling kit
Strut braces
OAS
HKS SpecL II

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
41 Posts
I am more about the "go" than the "show" I will likely do a catted header. I will have to find out if they actually make any power on the FA24. On the 2017+ FA20s a header didn't add an ounce of power, just made a loud obnoxious car. Definitely E85 tune and some performance brake pads for track use. More than likely a supercharger kit as well.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts