Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
86 Posts
@PhatFreshPrince thanks, I've never worked on car Brembos, just motorcycles.

Reactions: PhatFreshPrince

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine wont be a daily driver and will spend NY winters all hunkered down & tucked away. It will be a weekend toy with planty of day trips, cars & coffee meets and that kind of stuff. I will take it for a few track days and auto X events too. She'll get her use! As for mods, Im not usually the type to mod my cars much but I could see an exhaust system or a few tasetful tweaks finding their way on to the car. Its so good out of the box though so I'll just enjoy it as is for a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Car will be for track only. Already have the following on order:
MCS two way adjustable with the same spring rates as my 2016
Karcepts front sway bar
Raceseng Camber Plates
OS Giken 1-way LSD

I already have plenty of 17x9s wheels from our old BRZ. Hopefully there will be good options coming out for headers in 2022.
I've waited on coilovers bc I'm not sure what characteristics the car needs. That, and I want to upgrade incrementally to be able to feel what difference each mod makes.

But I already bought RPF1 17x9s, sitting in boxes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to wait for the 2023 model as I've learned my lessons buying two 1st year models in the past. The BRZ/GR86 will be a daily driver split with my Acura TSX 6MT. Not looking to do too much to the car during the warranty period, but will likely boost it afterwards.

During Warranty Period
  • Window Tint
  • All weather mats
  • Intake
  • RCE Springs
  • Spoon Rigid Collars
  • Master Cylinder Brace
  • Shifter Bushing

After Warranty Period
  • CARB Legal Supercharger (likely Jackson Racing)
  • Dyno Tune
  • STi Motor and Transmission Mounts
  • Upgraded Brake Pads

·
Registered
86 Posts
Going to wait for the 2023 model as I've learned my lessons buying two 1st year models in the past.
That thought occurred to me too, but life is short. I figure that's what the warranty is for.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't put this in the same category as realistically it's an upgrade not a new model.
Agreed. But, I will say in the spirit of what rusty said, I personally learned from my last car to not do anything to void warranty while I still got it. Thankfully nothing went wrong with my FRS, but I would hate for IF something did happen and they reject my warranty based off mods. Even though that's an unlikely scenario, better safe than sorry IMO

·
Registered
86 Posts
My biggest concern about warranty/not warranty is not the cost but having some pressed-for-time meathead ripping my car apart and basically transforming it from a fine factory virgin into a pawed-over skank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Agreed. But, I will say in the spirit of what rusty said, I personally learned from my last car to not do anything to void warranty while I still got it. Thankfully nothing went wrong with my FRS, but I would hate for IF something did happen and they reject my warranty based off mods. Even though that's an unlikely scenario, better safe than sorry IMO
I was only referring to it not being a reason hold off buying the 2022.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The moment I pick it up from the dealership, I'm going directly to a professional detailer for a full treatment of Opti-Coat (interior, exterior, glass) and rust-proofing. It's going to be my daily driver/exploration car when I move out west, so the first order of business is going to be quality of life mods in the interior to enhance livability (less noisy/more appropriate tires, additional connectivity ports, storage, etc). I plan on adding some subtle exterior mods (black/red badging, aftermarket rims) just to tie it all in with the red accented interior so it will satisfy my OCD. When the weather permits, starting this spring I will upgrade the battery and alternator, do the "Big 3", and then install an absolutely outlandish audio system lol. Then it's just a matter of waiting until the warranty expires before I start going in under the hood... Haven't decided what that will entail yet, as it will be quite a ways down the road...

·
Registered
86 Posts
The moment I pick it up from the dealership, I'm going directly to a professional detailer for a full treatment of Opti-Coat (interior, exterior, glass) and rust-proofing. It's going to be my daily driver/exploration car when I move out west, so the first order of business is going to be quality of life mods in the interior to enhance livability (less noisy/more appropriate tires,...)
This is exactly my use case: daily driver but I want it to be comfortable / livable. I'd thought about ceramic coating the paint but the rust-proofing is also a great idea (I'd heard the first gen cars tended to rust on the underbody). What kind of rust-proofing are you planning? Also, your thoughts on clear protective film for the forward-facing surfaces subject to chipping?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts