Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As this car is basic and essentially a blank canvas, there are several directions you could take it.

I plan on mine being primarily a track car, upgrading as things get more serious.

What about you?

Registered
As this car is basic and essentially a blank canvas, there are several directions you could take it.

I plan on mine being primarily a track car, upgrading as things get more serious.

What about you?
Mine is gonna be for dailying purposes although I want to put 04 era STI wheels on it and I'm kind of a sucker for stabilizers on the STI wing, so hopefully something like that comes for the BRZ. Mostly cosmetic stuff because I wanna keep my warranty just in case- basically echoing with Kushkaki said.

Registered
Track/autocross car, and will occasionally drive it to work when I feel like it. My daily is a big turbo focus st, so I won't go crazy with the power mods on the subi. Probably just tune and full exhaust with UEL headers and e85.

Registered
Mostly a daily driver build for me with some track time, I鈥檝e been thinking about the car everyday and already have my build planned.

Catback exhaust once I get the car, then coilovers as soon as winter is over. 18x9.5 +38 wheels then doing tints and a front lip. UEL headers and a tune coming once I make sure nothing is wrong w my car from factory

Registered
Daily driver. Realistically I'll probably only do some minor aesthetic things like the STI lip kit and some wheels. Maybe an axle-back too.

I'm just leasing it for 24 months anyway and then I'll decide if I want to stick with the platform or not. If I decide to stick with it I'll probably trade it in on a Performance Pack model which I'm sure they're planning.

Registered
Boring question but what do people do to protect the paint? especially the front? In the area where the badge is? Are people getting clear bras? Where to get it? I've never had a nice enough car that I really wanted to protect, but now I have the new 2022! I can tell the front bumper/upper lip area before the hood is going to take a beating from road dirt, need to protect at least that area. edit: I did have a BMW M Roadster but it wasn't a daily driver, this one is gonna be my daily.

Registered
In order:

Front end clear film protection
STI Fender Garnish
STI Cherry red lip skirt
Tint
Front Camber Bolts
Track Pipe (once they make some)
lastly, OFT IF they can make a tune that actually does anything.

Registered
Boring question but what do people do to protect the paint? especially the front? In the area where the badge is? Are people getting clear bras? Where to get it? I've never had a nice enough car that I really wanted to protect, but now I have the new 2022! I can tell the front bumper/upper lip area before the hood is going to take a beating from road dirt, need to protect at least that area.
The only real way to protect against stuff like stone chips and whatnot is a clear bra. Any shop that does wraps/window tint most likely does clear bra as well.

Registered
Car will be for track only. Already have the following on order:
MCS two way adjustable with the same spring rates as my 2016
Karcepts front sway bar
Raceseng Camber Plates
OS Giken 1-way LSD

I already have plenty of 17x9s wheels from our old BRZ. Hopefully there will be good options coming out for headers in 2022.

Registered
My primary use is just reliable daily driver with some fun in it. Only things I'd probably do is window tint and catback. I'll hold off on UEL headers until I get past the warranty period and make sure its not a lemon 馃槄
I'm getting the 86 but I'm pretty much doing the same as you. Mine is going to by my DD as well so I'm just going a few things only like brakes, exhaust, engine strut and stabilizer bar, front and side diffuser's from Tom's, and maybe a low wing maybe? But that's about it

Registered
Daily driver and fun trips and maybe an occasional autocross. Will do: brake pads, fixating master brake cilinder, Intrax springs/shock absorbers. Probably a 98 octane tune if it makes the car better and probably a header again to fix the torque dip that seems to be still quite pronounced. I鈥檇 like a quiet, lightweight header but that鈥檚 probably a difficult combination, especially if also had to fit my budget. Probably a lightweight Summer-battery, some lighter disks maybe DBA or so and I would really love changing the gearing where I could take it up to about 80kmh in first with a final drive of 4,56. I don鈥檛 like the big gaps between first second and third and am willing to sacrifice a bit of traffic jam comfort for that. Any good ideas are welcomed. Would like to get some weight from the nose so that鈥檚 where I will focus most.

Registered
It is a garage car for me. Fun fast drives on twisty roads evening and weekends. Going to leave it pretty much stock for a bit but I am excited see what the aftermarket will have. Probably exhaust will be first on the list and a few exterior sti bits to make it look a little bit meaner. My wife has an old Citroen 2cv so my BRZ will be just about as different from her car as I can get. I can鈥檛 wait.

Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
My Limited AT will be a daily cold-weather / wet-weather / disgustingly humid weather / blisteringly hot weather companion to my fair-weather 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso Red Top Edition. I'm planning to leave it bone stock except for any usability mods like putting gas struts on the hood to get rid of the prop rod or adding sound deadener if it needs any. I will not be driving the BRZ if there is any kind of snow or icy precipitation or any salt on the roads. I have a reliable winter beater for that job.

Garage installation plan for the BRZ:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I'm expecting my first grandkid in a few months and my car buddies asked me (only half-jokingly) where I will install the baby seat in the BRZ. I said, "No baby seat! If somebody wants me to transport the baby somewhere, the baby had better come pre-installed in a car seat, which has itself been pre-installed in another car!" 馃槃

Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
1 - 20 of 64 Posts