Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well I think the videos of the interior to me indicate that its better than the current BRZ/86. The seats certainly seem more rubust. There is a really nice cubby between the seats with folding doors. The quality of the controls seem solid at least in videos I have seen. You have Alcantera on the tops of the doors and covering cowl housing the speedo. There are 2 areas where I think Toyota cut corners. One is the digital dash speedo. I would have preferred they kept the analog gauges. However even Porsche has gone digital in the 911 now so I guess that's the way of the future.
Second on the right side under and around the glove box is a bit chintzy plastic. My assumption is they are going to keep the price close to the 2020 version. So I'll take better handling and more power any day of the week over interior furnishings. I will say this. This has a far nicer interior than a Hyundia Veloster N and that car most likely will cost more than the BRZ limited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I think the videos of the interior to me indicate that its better than the current BRZ/86. The seats certainly seem more rubust. There is a really nice cubby between the seats with folding doors. The quality of the controls seem solid at least in videos I have seen. You have Alcantera on the tops of the doors and covering cowl housing the speedo. There are 2 areas where I think Toyota cut corners. One is the digital dash speedo. I would have preferred they kept the analog gauges. However even Porsche has gone digital in the 911 now so I guess that's the way of the future.
Second on the right side under and around the glove box is a bit chintzy plastic. My assumption is they are going to keep the price close to the 2020 version. So I'll take better handling and more power any day of the week over interior furnishings. I will say this. This has a far nicer interior than a Hyundia Veloster N and that car most likely will cost more than the BRZ limited.
I should have mentioned the seats are the best thing of the interior, the rest is meh it just doesn’t seem to match the exterior of the car which this time around looks more exotic/upscale..

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree completely with pngrant54 here.
I had a 2017 86 and its interior was extremely cheap, so the new interior in the BRZ looks leaps and bounds better then the old. It also looks a lot better then some of the other vehicles out right now near the price range. A buddy of mine's girlfriend a month ago bought a brand new 2021 Hyundai Veloster, after dealer mark ups she is paying close to $41,000 for it. They were showing it to me and I didnt have the heart to tell her she messed up lol. The interior was no better then my old 2017 86 was. It was way cheap and bad for the amount of money she is paying for it, just over $650 a month. So again I think the interior looks great on the new BRZ. The digital dash isnt a deal break either as almost all new vehicles have, it was hard for me to get used to mine in the Supra coming from a history of vehicles that all had analog gauges but its no big deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We NEED a better interior on the new 2022 GR86 the 2022 brz interior looks cheap
I believe Toyota would intentionally make the 86 look cheaper to make enough room for those who want a better interior to consider the 2.0 GR Supra. It’s obviously part of Toyota’s marketing strategy. Or if they’ll make a better interior with the 86, it could up the ante.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think the interior already is better than the 2020 BRZ/86. If you look at the videos can see this already. It is of course not as nice as the Supra as that car uses BMW parts. That is fairly obvious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.