Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Ordered a 22 Neptune Blue GR86 Manual
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty interesting video of the production process. Link to video, the youtube auto subtitles are kinda iffy, but interesting video nonetheless. At about 5:44 in the video a Neptune 86 shows up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, that was so cool! it's wild how fast it all happens, the dash coming in then just being sort of pushed into place, couple nuts n bolts here and there and bam! done!
Funny you mention the dash bit. On first watch I was certain the dash wasnt gonna fit properly, because of the camera angle made it look like wonky, so I was unnecessarily anxious watching that bit haha.

Registered
It was interesting too that a brz there had an actual spare tire in the trunk. Also one of the gr86鈥檚 with a right hand drive had the red stripe brz seats and also red carpet. Very cool to watch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was interesting too that a brz there had an actual spare tire in the trunk. Also one of the gr86鈥檚 with a right hand drive had the red stripe brz seats and also red carpet. Very cool to watch.
Yeah the JDM spec gets the neat red interior and clear side markers. Super jealous.

Registered
Thanks Kushkaki for uploading this awesome video! Really enjoy factory production line videos, especially of a car I currently or will own.
Was really interesting that the line is building multiple models, reminds me of a tour my wife and I did pre-COVID of the Mazda plant in Hiroshima. On the day of our visit the line was building the MX5 and the Fiat 124 Spider. Our tour was strictly controlled as you might expect but amazed to see the level of access provided by Subaru to this You Tube channel.

Seems our Australian cars will be very similar to JDM, we get the clear side markers and our spec list has an 18" spare wheel. Does not say whether it is a space saver or full size though.

Have to say the red interior trim actually looks good....remember when I first saw this this in the Peugeot 205GTI 1.9 in the late 1980's and early 1990's, and later Honda Type R's.

Registered
Pretty interesting video of the production process. Link to video, the youtube auto subtitles are kinda iffy, but interesting video nonetheless. At about 5:44 in the video a Neptune 86 shows up.
Interesting to see how they rev it up pretty good at 36 minutes. Makes me wonder about another thread at this forum about breaking in the engine. The Neptune Blue is absolutely gorgeous btw. Thanks for posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts