Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is such a random thing to be omitted on the base models, and it seems its present on some but not others. I can't imagine it costs more than $5 to produce and its held in with the same pop clips that hold in most everything else in the trunk.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited WRB
203 Posts
Maybe its got more to do with production? My BRZ limited (Oct 2021) doesn’t have it. Maybe the earliest cars didn’t have it bc they were short or something?

·
Registered
2022 Trueno Blue 6MT GR86
20 Posts
Yea my base model has it, that's weird.

Side note: after a wash and wash or just everyday usage, is there another way of closing the trunk?? I don't wanna put fingie prints on the trunk, especially after a wash but I don't wanna pull on the rubber stoppers or the internal release latch to pull it down and close it. If y'all got opinions let me know

·
Registered
926 Posts
Side note: after a wash and wash or just everyday usage, is there another way of closing the trunk?? I don't wanna put fingie prints on the trunk, especially after a wash but I don't wanna pull on the rubber stoppers or the internal release latch to pull it down and close it. If y'all got opinions let me know
I agree. There was a discussion here. I've resorted to using both hands on both rubber stoppers.

·
Registered
22' Steel GR86 6MT
91 Posts
Yea my base model has it, that's weird.

·
Registered
926 Posts
@chrisz5z That's nice but wish it didn't require drilling out a hole to make it larger.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT Trueno Blue (In-Transit)
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So I went out and looked, my car actually does have it lol. I guess I just never realized it was there because I always wondered why the top side of the inner trunk was so unfinished and half painted with overspray from the exterior. But, glad I was mistaken, since it seems other people actually are missing it when they shouldn't be. Mine was produced in 12/21 for reference.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts