Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not knocking you I’m just waiting for the official details. Toyota is playing things super close to the chest
Haha I know, this is how Toyota does things though and it became obvious with the Cross and Tundra. They like to tease you for months releasing bits and pieces and then typically hit you with all the details, prices, etc a month before it hits dealerships. While they don’t generate sales with years fo hype like Ford, Tesla, GM, etc they do take advantage of the initial excitement since the car is usually at dealerships in a few weeks after the full reveal. This usually grabs the attention of new buyers and benefits them more rather than hardcore fans like us, so the new buyers can go back and see all the details with the die hard enthusiast rocks back and forth like a mental patient, slowly going insane with anticipation.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Haha I know, this is how Toyota does things though and it became obvious with the Cross and Tundra. They like to tease you for months releasing bits and pieces and then typically hit you with all the details, prices, etc a month before it hits dealerships. While they don’t generate sales with years fo hype like Ford, Tesla, GM, etc they do take advantage of the initial excitement since the car is usually at dealerships in a few weeks after the full reveal. This usually grabs the attention of new buyers and benefits them more rather than hardcore fans like us, so the new buyers can go back and see all the details with the die hard enthusiast rocks back and forth like a mental patient, slowly going insane with anticipation.
It’s just the affects of the pandemic. Usually when they release a car they show it off everywhere, talk more about release days, prices release soon after etc. With the Supra release a couple years ago it was like clockwork.

I think the biggest pain is knowing Toyota has more new models to announce next year and how that might affect those things more then the 86.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s just the affects of the pandemic. Usually when they release a car they show it off everywhere, talk more about release days, prices release soon after etc. With the Supra release a couple years ago it was like clockwork.

I think the biggest pain is knowing Toyota has more new models to announce next year and how that might affect those things more then the 86.
Yes, after the initial release of 86’s I think these cars are going to be impossible to find, Toyota earns a lot from Subarus successes and Subaru has much more reasoning to mass produce the BRZ. Would make no sense for Toyota to harm production of their big sellers for a niche sports car that they only expect to sell around 10k on release and about 3-8k the following years.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, after the initial release of 86’s I think these cars are going to be impossible to find, Toyota earns a lot from Subarus successes and Subaru has much more reasoning to mass produce the BRZ. Would make no sense for Toyota to harm production of their big sellers for a niche sports car that they only expect to sell around 10k on release and about 3-8k the following years.
Naw 86 will be fine it’s on the same assembly line as the BRZ, I’m talking about the new LX, GR Corolla, GRMN Supra etc

41 - 46 of 46 Posts