Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many people have been posting on IG, asking about the GR86. The standard response has been to go to the website and sign up for updates. I posted that I had signed up a year ago, and had received nothing, and now I’m unable to post to the IG page. Anyone want to guess why there has been no information about the car since August, considering its almost the end of September, and the car is supposed to be at dealers in November? If I had to guess, I’d say we won’t be seeing the car until January.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Many people have been posting on IG, asking about the GR86. The standard response has been to go to the website and sign up for updates. I posted that I had signed up a year ago, and had received nothing, and now I’m unable to post to the IG page. Anyone want to guess why there has been no information about the car since August, considering its almost the end of September, and the car is supposed to be at dealers in November? If I had to guess, I’d say we won’t be seeing the car until January.
Well to be straight up with you, no one from Toyota is going to give you answers like that on social media. Anything outside of a follower saying “Wow I love that car!” And Toyota saying “Thanks John Doe, we agree 😎” is too much for them. Lmao.

As far as a release of anymore information most people agree it’s coming in October, with deliveries ranging from end of November into December. September belongs to the Tundra reveal pretty much so I wasn’t surprised by the lack of info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to be straight up with you, no one from Toyota is going to give you answers like that on social media. Anything outside of a follower saying “Wow I love that car!” And Toyota saying “Thanks John Doe, we agree 😎” is too much for them. Lmao.

As far as a release of anymore information most people agree it’s coming in October, with deliveries ranging from end of November into December. September belongs to the Tundra reveal pretty much so I wasn’t surprised by the lack of info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The auto journalists are saying it won’t be too much of an increase from the first gen. I’ve already put down a 100% refundable deposit.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Here’s an article that was dated September 3rd. Pretty much says deliveries in japan for January and possibly later

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Same reason as why Toyota hasn't released any pricing on it other than sub 30k. My guess they will announce the pricing next month and the configurator in November just as the cars get to the dealerships. The they said the US will start seeing cars in Dealerships in November according to their press release. My guess that would also includes the delay in manufacturing from Toyota/Subaru plant because it was shut down for a week or something.

·
Registered
22 BRZ
76 Posts
Same reason as why Toyota hasn't released any pricing on it other than sub 30k. My guess they will announce the pricing next month and the configurator in November just as the cars get to the dealerships. The they said the US will start seeing cars in Dealerships in November according to their press release. My guess that would also includes the delay in manufacturing from Toyota/Subaru plant because it was shut down for a week or something.
I think we might see a bit more of a delay. They ended up extending the shutdown longer than originally planned by a few days, currently its 9/7-9/22. They should be starting it back up tomorrow though which is some good news. The chip shortage is hitting a lot of industries and it looks like its going to extend well into next year.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I will know on the first week of October if the allocations show the 86 coming in. My dealer thinks it will show on October’s allocation meaning it comes in during November. I will let you all know, if it doesn’t show up on the allocation though I’m tired of waiting and will probably get a Tacoma 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will know on the first week of October if the allocations show the 86 coming in. My dealer thinks it will show on October’s allocation meaning it comes in during November. I will let you all know, if it doesn’t show up on the allocation though I’m tired of waiting and will probably get a Tacoma 🤷🏼‍♂️
But it’s so close. Do you really wanna pass after all the waiting?

·
Registered
116 Posts
But it’s so close. Do you really wanna pass after all the waiting?
Well hopefully it comes in November and I still get it, but I don’t feel like waiting past November and a black Tacoma TRD sport with the Pro grille is my second choice and honestly more practical. I love the 86, I wouldn’t choose any other sports car for the price over it but I’m dying to get a new vehicle. It’s probably really dumb and immature especially for such a big purchase but both of these options would make me very happy and although the 86 is absolutely my favorite the Tacoma would also be really good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well hopefully it comes in November and I still get it, but I don’t feel like waiting past November and a black Tacoma TRD sport with the Pro grille is my second choice and honestly more practical. I love the 86, I wouldn’t choose any other sports car for the price over it but I’m dying to get a new vehicle. It’s probably really dumb and immature especially for such a big purchase but both of these options would make me very happy and although the 86 is absolutely my favorite the Tacoma would also be really good.
Not dumb at all. The 86 is my second choice. My first would be a Supra, but I just don’t see how I could afford it

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree, this should already account for the delays as they have CONTINUED as of three days ago to tell journalist it’s coming in November. I’m hoping mine shows up in November since my dealership ordered really early which unfortunately deprived me of customizing it past the color, trim, and transmission.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not dumb at all. The 86 is my second choice. My first would be a Supra, but I just don’t see how I could afford it
It’s badly overpriced, an fully loaded out 86 with all accessories will cost 37-38k with more safety features than most cars on the road STANDARD. With a catback exhaust, air intake, etc the 86 will make around 240 hp and weigh over 600 pounds less than the 43k 2.0 Supra meaning it’s quicker and cheaper. If you want the safety tech in the Supra you have to pay 3k more for what the 86 gets standard so really it’s 37k vs 46k.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, this should already account for the delays as they have CONTINUED as of three days ago to tell journalist it’s coming in November. I’m hoping mine shows up in November since my dealership ordered really early which unfortunately deprived me of customizing it past the color, trim, and transmission.
I agree. There is a 10” Kicker brand subwoofer that I’d like to add. It said factory or dealer installed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s badly overpriced, an fully loaded out 86 with all accessories will cost 37-38k with more safety features than most cars on the road STANDARD. With a catback exhaust, air intake, etc the 86 will make around 240 hp and weigh over 600 pounds less than the 43k 2.0 Supra meaning it’s quicker and cheaper. If you want the safety tech in the Supra you have to pay 3k more for what the 86 gets standard so really it’s 37k vs 46k.
A catback exhaust will be available for the 86. A Supra 2.0 is $47k MSRP, and very few dealers are charging MSRP.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts