Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you buy a paint matched OEM front bumper from toyota? I know some manufacturers offer paint matched body panels. Im really debating on just grabbing a BRZ and swap the GR86 front bumper on it later down the road. Dont know if i really wanna wait til spring to get a GR86. And the front bumper is my favorite part of the GR86 vs the BRZ. If i can get an OEM paint matched front bumper from Toyota, i
I may go that route vs waiting to buy a GR86.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Can you buy a paint matched OEM front bumper from toyota? I know some manufacturers offer paint matched body panels. Im really debating on just grabbing a BRZ and swap the GR86 front bumper on it later down the road. Dont know if i really wanna wait til spring to get a GR86. And the front bumper is my favorite part of the GR86 vs the BRZ. If i can get an OEM paint matched front bumper from Toyota, i
Or just buy a BRZ and see if it grows on you. BRZ actually looks pretty good with all the owners from Japan posting about them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You are missing the point. I want the 86 front bumper. It is much more FMIC friendly tha. The BRZ front bumper, I do olan on boosting it
I get the point, what I’m saying is it’s kind of pointless. Basically paying extra instead of just waiting. Lmao. But at the end of the day if it makes sense to you then it doesn’t matter what any of us think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wait. Because you'll buy the BRZ and end up spending more than you originally would. Then to add to the the GR86 is gonna come out and it'll have stuff that you want that Subaru doesn't offer and you'll be mad at yourself for not waiting. I could get the Subaru BRZ right now, but I love the Toyota version so much more and the Neptune Blue is a must for me. Plus, I refuse to buy anything from the Subaru dealership in my town. Bunch if stuck up snobs.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just wait. Because you'll buy the BRZ and end up spending more than you originally would. Then to add to the the GR86 is gonna come out and it'll have stuff that you want that Subaru doesn't offer and you'll be mad at yourself for not waiting. I could get the Subaru BRZ right now, but I love the Toyota version so much more and the Neptune Blue is a must for me. Plus, I refuse to buy anything from the Subaru dealership in my town. Bunch if stuck up snobs.
Pretty much the only 3 things the 86 will have that the BRZ won’t is the different front bumper, free track day, and the Neptune blue color. Other than that they’re not offering anything drastically different.

The 86 over it’s lifecycle will end up with everything the BRZ currently has anyways like the previous gen (aluminum knuckles, more understeer type characteristics etc). I do agree with the dealership thing though. Have friends that work at Toyota so I get a better deal.

I honestly shouldn’t of replied to this thread because of how ridiculous the question is but oh well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pretty much the only 3 things the 86 will have that the BRZ won’t is the different front bumper, free track day, and the Neptune blue color. Other than that they’re not offering anything drastically different.

The 86 over it’s lifecycle will end up with everything the BRZ currently has anyways like the previous gen (aluminum knuckles, more understeer type characteristics etc). I do agree with the dealership thing though. Have friends that work at Toyota so I get a better deal.

I honestly shouldn’t of replied to this thread because of how ridiculous the question is but oh well.
We'll see. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ridiculous how? Please explain. The question is if Toyota offers paint matched exterior parts (bumpers, spoilers, etc.). Tell me how again is that a ridiculous question?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ridiculous how? Please explain. The question is if Toyota offers paint matched exterior parts (bumpers, spoilers, etc.). Tell me how again is that a ridiculous question?
The question is ridiculous because of why you’re asking. Instead of waiting to get a car you want, you want to get the twin that’s going to be a little more expensive and spend even more money just to swap the bumper, all because you might not be able to wait. Lmao. (Even GR86 Samurai covered it in his reply)

That’s why I said you could just buy the car and see if it grows on you, that way you can save some cash, but you said you like the bumper and think it’s more tuner friendly. If that was the case you could spend more later and get a nicer aftermarket bumper for tuning and looks? But again doesn’t matter.

That’s why I said “in the end if it makes sense to YOU, then it doesn’t matter what we think.”

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
You cant even buy the car yet!

The front bumper and any other bit of the car will have a part number and be available to order through toyotas dealer network I assume. Not sure if that's an easy process (ordering from toyota for a car you dont own),

Also, they might come painted, so if you are thinking WRC blue then you might have to repaint it.

I'm really looking forward to what the aftermarket has, the GR86 front end isn't without its faults.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts