Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought part of the issue with European car makers was they stopped production in the pandemic , cancelled orders with chip manufacturers with little or no notice. The demand for IT equipment , phones , games consoles etc went sky high and the manufacturers quite rightly took new orders leaving the car makers now at the back of the queue. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought part of the issue with European car makers was they stopped production in the pandemic , cancelled orders with chip manufacturers with little or no notice. The demand for IT equipment , phones , games consoles etc went sky high and the manufacturers quite rightly took new orders leaving the car makers now at the back of the queue. 🤷‍♂️
From what I’ve read, it was mostly the big 3 in Detroit that were hit hardest. Chevrolet closed tve order books for the 2021 Corvette, Ford shut-down production of the Mustang. The F-150 truck was hit hardest. Mercedes’s C Class was also affected.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just updating this thread. Every Toyota dealer I've called after the configurator went live has told me there are no allocations and no orders due to the chip shortage.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just updating this thread. Every Toyota dealer I've called after the configurator went live has told me there are no allocations and no orders due to the chip shortage.
I mean this thread was created 5 months ago so a lot could’ve happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts