Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

Registered
I'm really not familiar with this info around e-85 adding power. I'd have to look into that. It doesn't sound realistic to me... but I'm no expect.

Adding 50 WHP to an NA engine this small would take a massive built. Forget just intake, headers, exhaust, some mapping, etc. You'd need to open it up for sure.
I can confirm that running e-85 with the OFT tune, absolutely adds 15-20 hp. I love running the car on e-85, it feels much more perky and alive. If there were more stations that sold e-85 around me, I would only use e-85 on the car. Its that much better.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I was still under the assumption it would be turbo. I have not seen any spec from a non turbo version, This sucks!
There won't be a turbo version unfortunately. so if that's what you're looking for you'll have to start looking for aftermarket options.

Registered
@Riftur do you have to go forced induction or are there certain things in a NA setup that you'd like to see?
As Toyota and Subaru reveal more about both cars, you might forget about going FI.

Registered
Is 53k confirmed? I love my 86 but for that kind of money your talking about a whole new league of cars like Supra's, WRX's (which are even cheaper) and for like 10k more you can get a 1 or 2 year old Vette.
My guess is that these power and pricing rumours likely came from the GR Yaris (its 53k in aus, and 260hp), but got conflated with the GR86 listed on the slide.

Registered
Strange, I never had an issue starting the car when running e-85 with an oft tune. I just wish there was an easier way to empty my tank besides driving it till its almost completely empty before swapping. I thought about using a hose to suck it out but I smell like gas and thats an issue with work etc.
There is an easier way. Get a flex fuel sensor, then get a flex fuel tune. It wont matter what amount of e85 you put in, the tune will add the correct amount of fuel and advance the timing as per your fuel mixture. The more e85, the more fuel is injected and advanced the ignition timing can be.

But I'd recommend a professional dyno tune it for you, its a little pricier than usual because they usually do a tune on 0 - 50 - and 100 percent e85, then scale the mapping based on the ethanol content between those dyno tuned runs.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts