Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Finally!

I can't wait, especially after reading this info that came from a Toyota dealer conference:
  • a new platform with a 260HP Turbocharged engine
  • better interior
  • RWD
  • Release Date: Summer 2021 (I heard June)
Something tells me there won't only be a 260 horsepower version but something more by way of some GR trims we've seen.
The turbo engine won't be available until 2022. Don't know why they are skipping the 2021. The 2021 will have fewer upgrades than people are expecting

Registered
The turbo engine won't be available until 2022. Don't know why they are skipping the 2021. The 2021 will have fewer upgrades than people are expecting
I guess what they meant is, Summer 2021 will be when the GR 86 world debut happens, in time for initial deliveries around late 2021 to early 2022.

I鈥檓 curious why its not listed as an upcoming vehicle on the Toyota USA website

I was reading lately that the GR86 was originally supposed to be in dealerships in July, will now, due to COVID-19, be sometime in March 2021

Registered
GRMN 86 pricing still surprises me. At $53k, its not an easy purchase for most to consider.
Is 53k confirmed? I love my 86 but for that kind of money your talking about a whole new league of cars like Supra's, WRX's (which are even cheaper) and for like 10k more you can get a 1 or 2 year old Vette.

Registered
Is 53k confirmed? I love my 86 but for that kind of money your talking about a whole new league of cars like Supra's, WRX's (which are even cheaper) and for like 10k more you can get a 1 or 2 year old Vette.
No pricing is confirmed.
Considering it's not turbo like those early rumors, it definitely won't be close. I'd expect pricing to be almost identical to the current/first-gen 86.

Welcome to the forum btw @Riftur

Have you seen the specs on the new 86?

Registered
No pricing is confirmed.
Considering it's not turbo like those early rumors, it definitely won't be close. I'd expect pricing to be almost identical to the current/first-gen 86.

I was still under the assumption it would be turbo. I have not seen any spec from a non turbo version, This sucks!

Registered
i have a 2013 and was planning on getting the turbo version I have been waiting on since the car came out. i even priced what adding turbo to the car would cost me since I love the car so much but it needs more power. I do not like the fact a 6 cylinder mustang can beat me if the driver knows how to drive it.

Registered
No pricing is confirmed.

I really want to get the car to 200whp without using FI (cant afford FI since covid hit). The car is stock but I do have an OFT which I use when I run the car on e85. The problem is the lack of gas stations that sell it so I have to plan everything around refueling the car which is why I have only done it twice. My guess is it adds another 15-20 HP and I love driving the car on e85.

Registered
I really want to get the car to 200whp without using FI (cant afford FI since covid hit). The car is stock but I do have an OFT which I use when I run the car on e85. The problem is the lack of gas stations that sell it so I have to plan everything around refueling the car which is why I have only done it twice. My guess is it adds another 15-20 HP and I love driving the car on e85.
i remember when i used to run the oft/e85 on my frs; the cold starts were kind of a b!tch...
i garage mine and the car's located in LA, but i still ran into some issues starting it here and there... i didn't keep it for too long before going the ecutek route

Registered
i remember when i used to run the oft/e85 on my frs; the cold starts were kind of a b!tch...
i garage mine and the car's located in LA, but i still ran into some issues starting it here and there... i didn't keep it for too long before going the ecutek route
Strange, I never had an issue starting the car when running e-85 with an oft tune. I just wish there was an easier way to empty my tank besides driving it till its almost completely empty before swapping. I thought about using a hose to suck it out but I smell like gas and thats an issue with work etc.

Registered
Strange, I never had an issue starting the car when running e-85 with an oft tune. I just wish there was an easier way to empty my tank besides driving it till its almost completely empty before swapping. I thought about using a hose to suck it out but I smell like gas and thats an issue with work etc.
yea, this was more than 5yrs. ago and ots maps are obviously not the best...

Registered
I was still under the assumption it would be turbo. I have not seen any spec from a non turbo version, This sucks!
Here's info on the specs

235-ish HP

Registered
If I can add 50 more whp (not bhp) I would be very happy. What mods would get me there thats not FI? Running e-85 gets me 15-20 whp I believe (never dyno to know for sure) but I would want to add a flex fuel kit since there is only 1 station4 miles from my house that sells it. I have no clue what the best kit would be so I am open to suggestions. What else could I do for the extra 30 whp?

Registered
I'm really not familiar with this info around e-85 adding power. I'd have to look into that. It doesn't sound realistic to me... but I'm no expect.

Adding 50 WHP to an NA engine this small would take a massive built. Forget just intake, headers, exhaust, some mapping, etc. You'd need to open it up for sure.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts