Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota is creating a removable targa roof Supra for SEMA and has not ruled out production. Looks like Toyota is playing with this idea again.

AutoGuide sent me this in a newsletter. I think they sent this to everyone on the forum.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Toyota is creating a removable targa roof Supra for SEMA and has not ruled out production. Looks like Toyota is playing with this idea again.

AutoGuide sent me this in a newsletter. I think they sent this to everyone on the forum.

View attachment 407
Yep I got the same thing.
Will definitely be cool to see this build take shape and see if they can actually make it work and possibly be put into certain production models like the gen fours had.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I got the same thing.
Will definitely be cool to see this build take shape and see if they can actually make it work and possibly be put into certain production models like the gen fours had.
What I'm hoping for is a wave of enthusiastic press so Toyota feels confident enough that there is a business case for it. I would definitely pay extra for some sort of removable roof option. I've always liked open roof cars.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is one of those things I'm surprised Toyota didn't do at the beginning to capitalize on as much nostalgia as possible.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is one of those things I'm surprised Toyota didn't do at the beginning to capitalize on as much nostalgia as possible.
Problem is, if they don't space out the release of these options enough, they run the risk of messing with sales momentum. So while that sucks, at least Toyota is open to giving us more. We'll just have to be patient.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I could definitely see Toyota putting out a production special edition "heritage edition" much like they've done with the A91 and the launch edition. Offer it with a targa top and a mix of goodies like the one Rutledge Wood built for Sema last year.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That would be awesome!
I love the targa concept. I almost bought a MKIII Supra years ago. Turbo and Targa..... oh what could have been.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That would be awesome!
I love the targa concept. I almost bought a MKIII Supra years ago. Turbo and Targa..... oh what could have been.
I miss the days when mint condition MKIII Supra's were going for $4-7k and rarely over $10k.

Now...

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts