Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Wow.. I‘m always super annoyed by the orange side markers you have from the factory..
Now with the jdm ones + the grey wheels the blue just looks perfect to me.
I agree…the US markers almost ruined the blue.

·
Registered
2022 Trueno Blue 6MT GR86
167 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap Synthetic rubber

Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Hubcap Floor

So I did something today. You know, I liked the silver and black but I want bronze wheels for my trueno blue. So until I can/will afford said bronze wheels, I took it upon myself to paint the base wheels. And the result, I’m pleased, I am. I think the bronze works well with that blue and so this will last until I get the new wheels.

Next on the list is an exhaust!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
@jsmongeon24 That looks OEM for a rattle can job lol.

What kind of prep was involved? Did you sand down the surfaces, primer, etc? I can't imagine the finish being durable with any kind of heavy heavy prep work beforehand.
Yea I’m definitely not looking for this to last eons ya know so the only prep I did was wash them well and dry them off and that’s it. No sanding no nothin!

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
325 Posts
View attachment 10808
View attachment 10809
View attachment 10807
View attachment 10806

So I did something today. You know, I liked the silver and black but I want bronze wheels for my trueno blue. So until I can/will afford said bronze wheels, I took it upon myself to paint the base wheels. And the result, I’m pleased, I am. I think the bronze works well with that blue and so this will last until I get the new wheels.

Next on the list is an exhaust!!
looks great. I had a slightly different approach since i'm using the oem for trackdays and those spray paint will get dulled and chipped after awhile.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

whom ever at Toyota wheel design department sucks and had no taste. Ruining both the 17 and 18 wheels from Subaru.

·
Registered
167 Posts
looks great. I had a slightly different approach since i'm using the oem for trackdays and those spray paint will get dulled and chipped after awhile.
View attachment 11058
View attachment 11059

whom ever at Toyota wheel design department sucks and had no taste. Ruining both the 17 and 18 wheels from Subaru.
That is interesting, I've never seen someone do that with their wheels. It looks really good!! But yea, it's already kinda chipping away but it's defintely not a long term solution as it's a short term solution until I wear out the Primacy's and get new tires then will get actual bronze wheels to match.

But that painting of different spokes to create that motion photo is smart and it turned out well!

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
325 Posts
That is interesting, I've never seen someone do that with their wheels. It looks really good!! But yea, it's already kinda chipping away but it's defintely not a long term solution as it's a short term solution until I wear out the Primacy's and get new tires then will get actual bronze wheels to match.

But that painting of different spokes to create that motion photo is smart and it turned out well!
no, it's not paint, the silly side of me of instead of sticking masking tape and dealt with the paint and later chip issue. (aggressive brake dust will add into the rattle can paint in 2 washes)

I just mock the spokes and cut out template. Then apply ebay vinyl stickers on it.
it's not daily wheel but it lasted last track trip .(700 miles +) and in over 100 track temp.

my wife look down on me and did not like the halo bit.. but i felt the pictures turns out well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
no, it's not paint, the silly side of me of instead of sticking masking tape and dealt with the paint and later chip issue. (aggressive brake dust will add into the rattle can paint in 2 washes)

I just mock the spokes and cut out template. Then apply ebay vinyl stickers on it.
it's not daily wheel but it lasted last track trip .(700 miles +) and in over 100 track temp.

my wife look down on me and did not like the halo bit.. but i felt the pictures turns out well.
Ahhh okay gotcha

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Okay all, first post... picked this up on Saturday for my son (19) and I'm the car nut. We just finished up with a polish and sealant and I'm loving it!
Fortunate son! Looks spectacular.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts