Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would it be OK to party crash with BRZ Sapphire Blue Pearl pics? Main reason for asking is that this color looks different in different light and maybe, the more pics the better.
Please keep posting them. Living vicariously thru this site at the moment. Intend to order the same color/trim BRZ but with a manual. Love the color change in different light.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Love the color change in different light.
This color reminds me a little bit of a dark blue tuxedo. At night, dark blue actually looks blacker than black, but the more light there is, the more blue it looks.

Reactions: piening2150

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Here's another angle taken last Sunday in full sunlight. On Saturday, I had polished the paint with a cordless DA buffer and Super Sonax 3, then applied 303 graphene hydrophobic coating and buffed it out with the DA polisher.

Here are some views after removing factory plastic wraps and giving it the first wash. No surface treatment at this point, just the way the car looks from the factory after a wash. This was on a partly cloudy day with tall trees overhead.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Scanned my phone and found some more for you guys. Here are a few taken at dusk, second day of ownership, washed but not polished.

Here are some daylight pics, third day of ownership, washed but not polished:

Another picture at dusk:

Late afternoon:

·
Registered
2022 Trueno Blue 6MT GR86
167 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Car

I picked mine up on Tuesday in Atlanta and I drove it back to Knoxville that night and man, this is amazing. This is my first sports car after having a 2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring as seen on the other side of the car in the first photo. I do not regret this decision at all. The third image is at work and man, I love this blue. The last image are the only things I've done to it yet as I'm really just driving it as stock right now before I start doing some things to it. The badge that's covering my tic tac holder (I can't remember if that's this forum or another one lol), it's an ode to my dad's old 2013 FRS that he had. If you're a member of the FT86 forum and were there from the beginning, you might recognize the name. But I just thought it would cool to have until he gets his own here in a little bit (after seeing the image, I know its crooked lol). The shift knob is fantastic. It's a Mishimoto MMSK-GITD weighted shift knob and it's supposed to be glow in the dark, but it's not so that's the only thing I can knock it for. Other than that, it's awesome and so smooth with the transitions between gears.

As for what I have planned so far:
  • First, I'm going to paint the wheels this matte bronze, kind of like the TRD wheels.
  • As for exhaust, I'm young (24) and I do use this as my daily, but I love the louder noises. With that said, I plan on installing the GReddy Evo GT exhaust. I think that is one of the best exhausts but definitely let me know what y'all go with because I love to hear all the exhaust noises!
  • Unequal length headers. That's it, that's my comment. I haven't done a lot of research, shoot, I'm still not sure if I know the difference between the equal and the unequal length headers lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 9947 View attachment 9948 View attachment 9949 View attachment 9950

I picked mine up on Tuesday in Atlanta and I drove it back to Knoxville that night and man, this is amazing. This is my first sports car after having a 2014 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring as seen on the other side of the car in the first photo. I do not regret this decision at all. The third image is at work and man, I love this blue. The last image are the only things I've done to it yet as I'm really just driving it as stock right now before I start doing some things to it. The badge that's covering my tic tac holder (I can't remember if that's this forum or another one lol), it's an ode to my dad's old 2013 FRS that he had. If you're a member of the FT86 forum and were there from the beginning, you might recognize the name. But I just thought it would cool to have until he gets his own here in a little bit (after seeing the image, I know its crooked lol). The shift knob is fantastic. It's a Mishimoto MMSK-GITD weighted shift knob and it's supposed to be glow in the dark, but it's not so that's the only thing I can knock it for. Other than that, it's awesome and so smooth with the transitions between gears.

As for what I have planned so far:
  • First, I'm going to paint the wheels this matte bronze, kind of like the TRD wheels.
  • As for exhaust, I'm young (24) and I do use this as my daily, but I love the louder noises. With that said, I plan on installing the GReddy Evo GT exhaust. I think that is one of the best exhausts but definitely let me know what y'all go with because I love to hear all the exhaust noises!
  • Unequal length headers. That's it, that's my comment. I haven't done a lot of research, shoot, I'm still not sure if I know the difference between the equal and the unequal length headers lol
Looking good! Make it yours!!

·
Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
265 Posts
Getting closer to how i wanted it View attachment 10174
I've mentioned before how awesome your car looks with stock wheels on it, I have to do it again, this this just looks gorgeous.

I really wish they had chose Grey over black wheels on the 86, I am personally not a fan of black wheels, they look like you're running steelies when it's dark out.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts