Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Wow. The differences are night and day. Red does a lot for the 86's design, far more than it did with the outgoing generation.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's such an elegant color on the GR86. Though I don't expect a lot of people going with it because of the association with Subaru.
I kind of started changing my mind about it when I saw how many people wanted white and red.
Before the car came out I was thinking White and Pavement Grey, I also felt like the blue is “too Subaru” for sure. But seeing everyone want the white and seeing Trueno blue more, I started feeling it and black more. Trueno kinda has the Lexus blue mica vibe without the flakes in it.

·
Registered
'14 BMW M235i (Previously '13 GT86, '09 Audi S4)
9 Posts
I actually really like this colour. It looks very discrete.
I does kinda hide some of the body lines though

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I understand you perfectly, but I prefer white myself. :D Then in red, and nothing else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m 100% sold on this colour, and it’s somewhat appealing that it will be one of the less common choices :) Kind of enjoying how it looks in different lighting conditions too. I think it’s actually quite similar to Nissan’s “Brilliant Blue” that the S15 Silvia came in.

Full Wide Body Aero Kit with Wing

·
Registered
395 Posts
I’m 100% sold on this colour, and it’s somewhat appealing that it will be one of the less common choices :) Kind of enjoying how it looks in different lighting conditions too. I think it’s actually quite similar to Nissan’s “Brilliant Blue” that the S15 Silvia came in.

View attachment 1891

Full Wide Body Aero Kit with Wing

View attachment 1890
It’s definitely going to be a respected color in person.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's too dark for a sports car. Would look great on a Camry.
In proper sunlight the color really pops. I think shots with it in cloudy overcast doesn't do it justice and makes it appear much darker. Same with the Pavement Grey, it looked much different in dark overcast shots in comparison to well light and sunny photos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I kind of started changing my mind about it when I saw how many people wanted white and red.
Before the car came out I was thinking White and Pavement Grey, I also felt like the blue is “too Subaru” for sure. But seeing everyone want the white and seeing Trueno blue more, I started feeling it and black more. Trueno kinda has the Lexus blue mica vibe without the flakes in it.
This is my gf Lexus RC 350 F (which I love). The blue looks so similar.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks, it's hands down my favorite color of the Lexus RC models. I added a few more pics. Do they show as pictures or links. I kept screwing the post up lol.
You’re good I saw them. It’s my favorite color as well, Ultrasonic blue mica. Probably the best blue I’ve seen on a car in my opinion

·
Registered
25 Posts
You’re good I saw them. It’s my favorite color as well, Ultrasonic blue mica. Probably the best blue I’ve seen on a car in my opinion
Are you still leaning towards Trueno Blue as the color of choice for your GR86?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Are you still leaning towards Trueno Blue as the color of choice for your GR86?
I’m considering Black, Trueno Blue or white as a final choice. Mostly Black or Trueno though.

Black reminds me of the “Black Limited” AE86s of old that I loved as a kid. Trueno like stated above looks like the Lexus blue mica.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A slideshow with the Trueno Blue color from many angles and during different light conditions. IMHO it looks absolutely great during the bright sunlight, during overcast sky it looses a bit of the punch, still undecided, but liking it a lot.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts