Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone planning on modifying their GR86 or BRZ as soon as they get theirs delivered? I think I'm going to wait a little bit before deciding on what I want to do and just enjoy the car stock first.

If you are planning mods, where are you going to start first?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is anyone planning on modifying their GR86 or BRZ as soon as they get theirs delivered? I think I'm going to wait a little bit before deciding on what I want to do and just enjoy the car stock first.

If you are planning mods, where are you going to start first?
I'm planning on getting a rocket bunny kit as soon as it comes out for the new gr86

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think TEIN Street Basis Z Coilovers for the GR86 will help a lot. It did with a friends 86 as part of his mild street build. A wheel/tire set to go with it would be ideal as well as I figure out what specs to go with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think the same people who have modified the first generation will end up modifying the 2nd generation. I'm sure the "AM" companies are already developing parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well firstly I think it seems great stock, just with the numbers. And so I'll be driving her that way for a while.

When (if?) I mod, I'll first look at any and all factory suspension and chassis stuff, then after that I'll most likely look at doing dyno tune with a header replacement (high flow or catless - not sure), and then finally an flex fuel sensor with an E85 tune.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I’ll drive it for six months stock before starting off with wheel, tires, suspension, and a wing
THIS!

It's really the best way to experience any new car before moving on to performance mods.
Any other accessories and/or modifications you would get that aren't performance focused in the first 6 months?

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
THIS!

It's really the best way to experience any new car before moving on to performance mods.
Any other accessories and/or modifications you would get that aren't performance focused in the first 6 months?

Well.. There is no best way to mod your car.

How fast and how much, and what you mod is a pretty individual thing.

Some people aren't focusses on track performance and just want stance and looks, some will want to make it a better daily with NVH reduction and other stuff.

Some people will want to mod it straight away too, I mean I won't be surprised to see a race to turbo/sc it! Those crazy kids :p

And honestly some people are thinking they are going to keep it stock and essentially let themselves hang on as a great example (we hope!) one of the last manual na engine sports cars to be produced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
THIS!

Definitely modding right away with the shifter, interior lighting, and some interior pieces like suede or Alcantara if there weren’t any. Saving seats, harness, and steering wheel for later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts