Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that's interested in the GR86's safety features, here's the full list. If it's something you're really concerned about the automatic model might be the one for you.

All grades of the GR 86 come with Toyota’s Star Safety System™, which includes:
Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
Traction Control (TRAC)
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
Brake Assist (BA).
Smart Stop Technology® (SST)
Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
Track Mode and Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)

Additional safety features include:
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) with lower anchors on outboard rear seats and tether anchors on all rear seats
Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Seven airbags are standard on all models, with the addition of a driver’s knee airbag

Automatic Transmission version comes with:
Pre-Collision Braking
Adaptive Cruise Control
Pre-Collision Throttle Management
Lane Departure Warning
Sway Warning
Lead Vehicle Start Alert
Cruise Control
High Beam Assist.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wonder if this will factor in pricing as well, because the Automatic version has so much extra safety features.
Good point. I see you're in Canada. Usually Canada gets fewer trim options and higher prices.
I wonder when we'll hear about pricing in general.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if this will factor in pricing as well, because the Automatic version has so much extra safety features.
Welcome to the forum @Razorwing! I hope it doesn't increase things more than the standard price gap between manual and automatic transmissions. Are you more interested in the GR86 or BRZ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Razorwing! I hope it doesn't increase things more than the standard price gap between manual and automatic transmissions. Are you more interested in the GR86 or BRZ?
Thanks! I'm interested in the GR86, will be going for a manual one. I think with the extra safety features the automatic has, it should be more expensive compared to the manual one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good point. I see you're in Canada. Usually Canada gets fewer trim options and higher prices.
I wonder when we'll hear about pricing in general.
Well there's only 2 trims for GR86 lol. Don't think it can get less than that in Canada. :LOL: The 2020 base model 86 was 27k USD in the States and 30k CAD MSRP here in Canada, so I would imagine this new version would probably be around 34-35K CAD is my guess. I don't think Toyota would go in to the 40K CAD as it's getting close to Supra pricing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts