Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm with you about the hood. I think that would make a big difference. I can see it coming off the production line tomorrow.
Now that you guys bring it up the hood does seem a little to flat especially compared to the current models and could definitely do with an accentuation of the hood and fenders with some curves..

·
Registered
8 Posts
A new 86 rendering is out that shows a more refined version of the car. I wouldn't be upset at all if this is the real deal.

View attachment 84 View attachment 85
Interesting. The front fascia includes side vents that seem to line up with that prototype spied back in October, and vents behind the wheel arches that also seem to line up with that prototype. I like the front end a lot on this one. What is the source of this image?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting. The front fascia includes side vents that seem to line up with that prototype spied back in October, and vents behind the wheel arches that also seem to line up with that prototype. I like the front end a lot on this one. What is the source of this image?
I found it on Instagram but it doesn't say where it's from. Is anyone able to read what it says on those photos?

http://instagr.am/p/CAq3xCJnXcw/

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's a new rendering that looks similar to the one that Haskins shared a couple of weeks ago. This one also has an image for what the interior could look like.

View attachment 101 View attachment 107 View attachment 108 View attachment 109 View attachment 110 View attachment 111
I think by far this is the most polished and true one we've seen. It blends elements of the old car with some new. I could definitely see this being the car we actually get. That being said I love the front end and the interior also looks good and like the new 2020 models of various cars they are putting out. The rear end at first glance i didnt really like but it kind of grows on you the more you look at it much like the supras front end in my opinion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think by far this is the most polished and true one we've seen. It blends elements of the old car with some new. I could definitely see this being the car we actually get. That being said I love the front end and the interior also looks good and like the new 2020 models of various cars they are putting out. The rear end at first glance i didnt really like but it kind of grows on you the more you look at it much like the supras front end in my opinion.
It's funny, I really like the rear end of this rendering and the front is the part that's growing on me. But the interior is fantastic, I love the two-tone seats.

·
Registered
105 Posts

I came across this picture on the drivetribe forums.
I have a hard time with this one haha. It does however look alot like the original concept of the 86 so I guess i can give it points for that. I think its the front bumper thats a turn off for me with this one, I do love the headlights and two tone roof. But to me that front bumper is hideous.

·
Registered
108 Posts
View attachment 118
I came across this picture on the drivetribe forums.
I have a hard time with this one haha. It does however look alot like the original concept of the 86 so I guess i can give it points for that. I think its the front bumper thats a turn off for me with this one, I do love the headlights and two tone roof. But to me that front bumper is hideous.
I don't mind them using the lights from the Supra, but remove those LEDs on the bumper. Also, this might be me but it seems chunky compared to other renderings.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Taillights remind me of the ones on the Hyundai Tiburon.
Haha yeah they do I didn't really notice that. I like the look of the taillights on the one you posted above more then these ones. I do like looking at the rendering in a different color though and I like the front end.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed, It looks good in red but much better in blue.
I'm hoping we get some good choices for colors beyond what we got for the current cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Agreed, It looks good in red but much better in blue.
I'm hoping we get some good choices for colors beyond what we got for the current cars.
Toyota has to have seen how well the Hakone was received and so I'm sure inspiring colors will be planned. Toyota might save the special colors for special editions though. I will bet the next 86 will get another Hakone edition.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The front reminds me of a 2001 MR2 Spyder in a way...not bad, but not the direction Toyota should take IMO. Something like the GR Yaris front end would be better.
Im almost hoping for a mix of the two, I want a good looking front end that fits the car, if done right something similar to the GR Yaris i think could work but again it needs to fit the car as a whole.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts