Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
While the higher CAD price is odd, it can make sense if historical sales volume was high enough.
The real problem with price will be at the local level with dealer markups.

·
Registered
28 Posts
While the higher CAD price is odd, it can make sense if historical sales volume was high enough.
The real problem with price will be at the local level with dealer markups.
I heard somewhere that dealerships up here are not allowed to do that?

Interestingly enough this one is posted at $35K CND.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why would they not be able to sell a car over MSRP in Canada. That makes no sense. It is literally the manufacturers suggested retail price. Key word is suggested. If you can negotiate a price below MSRP then why wouldn't they be able to negotiate a price over it?

It is simple supply and demand. Right now the supply is low and demand is high. Why would they not take advantage of that. When the supply is high and demand is low, they get screwed by that and have to take less for the car. You can't have it both ways.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why would they not be able to sell a car over MSRP in Canada. That makes no sense. It is literally the manufacturers suggested retail price. Key word is suggested. If you can negotiate a price below MSRP then why wouldn't they be able to negotiate a price over it?

It is simple supply and demand. Right now the supply is low and demand is high. Why would they not take advantage of that. When the supply is high and demand is low, they get screwed by that and have to take less for the car. You can't have it both ways.
My thoughts exactly.
For now it will be best if Canadian members here can call and check with their local dealers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Now that we know the price of the GR86, and that cars are expected at dealerships in December, how much longer will it be before the Toyota website allows us to configure it?
I still have this weird gut feeling we’ll be seeing a lot of January deliveries because Japan hasn’t seen any yet and they would DEFINITELY see them before any of us.

As far as the configurator, probably soon.

What’s kind of weird to me is how the Si was just revealed then not too long after (maybe a week or two?) we already got pricing. Maybe I’ve been waiting so long I’ve been feeling kinda skeptical 🤔

·
Registered
123 Posts
With the strange way that Toyota does their allocations to dealers instead of letting them order a specific vehicle there may be people waiting months for a specific vehicle. Or they may change their minds and go with Subaru.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts