Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
291 Posts
I'm not sure why Toyota USA didn't give a specific date but Toyota Canada is saying that they'll go on sale December 1st.

TORONTO, ON – October 28, 2021 – Drivers, rejoice! Your new favourite ride – the Toyota GR86 – is going on sale December 1st at Toyota Dealers across Canada and it delivers even more agility, style, and responsiveness than ever before. Entry models start at just $31,490 – while the Premium grade models start at $34,490, making it easy for enthusiasts to upgrade their sports car.
Finally got dat CAD price!

·
Registered
20 Posts
According to a few articles I read, we'll get Gazoo options right out of the gate too. Can't wait for the configurator to go live, the Subaru one doesn't even show the STi parts when you put them on.
I wonder if the GR options will include the exterior add ins like the STi add ons for the BRZ. The only GR add on I keep reading about are the fender vent add ins and the forged wheels. Nothing about the lip kit, side skirts, duckbikl wing, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wonder if the GR options will include the exterior add ins like the STi add ons for the BRZ. The only GR add on I keep reading about are the fender vent add ins and the forged wheels. Nothing about the lip kit, side skirts, duckbikl wing, etc.
Not sure about the lipkit or side skirts but the premium model gr86 already comes with the duckbill out the gate. It may be exlusive to that package? Otherwise i'm sure it'll be a nonspecific option, not a "GR" option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about the lipkit or side skirts but the premium model gr86 already comes with the duckbill out the gate. It may be exlusive to that package? Otherwise i'm sure it'll be a nonspecific option, not a "GR" option.
True, will be thoroughly dissapointed if no lip kits or other exterior add ons are not offered as options other than the vents and the duckbill. The BRZ had STi front lip, side and rear extensions, spoiler, rear diffuser, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What does everyone think of those wheels and shift knob though? Wondering how the bronze would look on halo white..
I like the wheels, but I never waste money on factory option wheels which i know I will replace with aftermarket ones almost immediately. Springs/coils and wheels are always my first aftermarket upgrades on new cars. So paying extra for OEM option wheels always seemed like a waste of money IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As before linked on the GR Japanese site - it appears as if there are bunch of mods, including a splitter, big brake kit, exhaust, etc. Can't read Japanese, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure I read a few press releases today that mentioned that the US WOULD get the GR parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As before linked on the GR Japanese site out - it appears as if there are bunch of mods, including a splitter, big brake kit, exhaust, etc. Can't read Japanese, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure I read a few press releases today that mentioned that the US WOULD get the GR parts.

Yes i saw that, but just because its offered as an option in Japan, doesnt mean it will be offered as an option in ths USA or anywhere else for that matter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes i saw that, but just because its offered as an option in Japan, doesnt mean it will be offered as an option in ths USA or anywhere else for that matter.
Exactly my fear. The GR Supra (and GT86) had very few customizations (other than carbon fiber mirror caps, PPF, TRD filters, etc). Let's hope they don't pull a GR Supra and do a "special edition" where they add all of the GR parts, like they did with the A91 Carbon Fiber edition Supra. Hope it'll be like the STI where we can pick and choose. Guess we'll wait for the configurator!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Exactly my fear. The GR Supra (and GT86) had very few customizations (other than carbon fiber mirror caps, PPF, TRD filters, etc). Let's hope they don't pull a GR Supra and do a "special edition" where they add all of the GR parts, like they did with the A91 Carbon Fiber edition Supra. Hope it'll be like the STI where we can pick and choose. Guess we'll wait for the configurator!
Worse case scenario, we Would have to find the OEM part numbers and order them through the dealership. Will be considerably more expensive though. I was a little torn between 3 colors, the red, trueno blue, or steel gray, bir aeeing as to how the GR lip kit and side skirts only come prepainted in red, black, or white, that made my choice much easier. Track bRed is the color i will be going with!

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
291 Posts
I prefer the GR86's look over the BRZ, but not sure it'd personally be worth it for $2k more sadly.
Nothing wrong with the BRZ. 👌 Still not sure why Toyota Canada made this move. Kinda dumb on their part. Should've stuck with what the states did and made it cheaper than the BRZ. Maybe it will be like that when I buy my car in 2022. (2022.. buying 2023).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing wrong with the BRZ. 👌 Still not sure why Toyota Canada made this move. Kinda dumb on their part. Should've stuck with what the states did and made it cheaper than the BRZ. Maybe it will be like that when I buy my car in 2022. (2022.. buying 2023).
I'm buying mine in 2022 as well, so I'm hoping they'll change it then too.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts