Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Font Rectangle Number Magenta Circle

Arriving at Toyota dealerships in December and available in two grades, GR86 and GR86 Premium, the new generation of Toyota’s driver’s car brings affordable sports car fun, all with a larger 2.4 liter engine that delivers nearly 18% more horsepower and 11% more torque.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
I thought you already ordered a BRZ like me?
I have.

Its a long story but I put a deposit down on the GR86 in 2020, then one on the BRZ, thinking I would check them out and drive them back to back basically then get the one I wanted (I have test drive as a get out clause on both orders).

The GR86 delay meant I couldn't do that.

So instead I'm buying the BRZ, but I'm not dropping the GR86 pre-order (Its probably one of the first 5 in the country), then I will test drive it whenever we get them, and flip the BRZ (which will still be rare as hens teeth) if I really like the GR86 more.

Personally I really need to get in front of both cars. I much prefer the GR86 branding, its startup sequence and its car club. I'm even on looks. I much prefer the BRZs evolved chassis.

So we will see. One thing I know for sure is that I will own a BRZ!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its a long story but I put a deposit down on the GR86 in 2020, then one on the BRZ, thinking I would check them out and drive them back to back basically then get the one I wanted (I have test drive as a get out clause on both orders).
The GR86 delay meant I couldn't do that.
So instead I'm buying the BRZ, but I'm not dropping the GR86 pre-order (Its probably one of the first 5 in the country), then I will test drive it whenever we get them, and flip the BRZ (which will still be rare as hens teeth) if I really like the GR86 more.
Personally I really need to get in front of both cars. I much prefer the GR86 branding more, its startup sequence and its car club. I'm even on looks. I much prefer the BRZs evolved chassis.
So we will see. One thing I know for sure is that I will own a BRZ!
I previously owned an 86 and my "86" number plates will still be going on the BRZ when it arrives.
I like both looks wise so not fussy there and in reality I would have gone with which ever one released first originally, but after the reviews I have seen, since I use it as a daily drive, the BRZ just seems to be the better choice so I am glad it will arrive first.
I do wonder just how many GR86 will arrive for Australia compared to the 500 BRZ. I expect the GR86 to be more "common" compared to the BRZ
This was my 86
Wheel Water Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
I previously owned an 86 and my "86" number plates will still be going on the BRZ when it arrives.
I like both looks wise so not fussy there and in reality I would have gone with which ever one released first originally, but after the reviews I have seen, since I use it as a daily drive, the BRZ just seems to be the better choice so I am glad it will arrive first.
I do wonder just how many GR86 will arrive for Australia compared to the 500 BRZ. I expect the GR86 to be more "common" compared to the BRZ
This was my 86
View attachment 2630
In Australia the 86 outsold the BRZ 5-1, mostly from the initial few years where the 86 hit like 16k cars in its first 3 years.

It was a bit closer in the US.

Oh, and also - I like your 'accessories' =D

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 2624

Arriving at Toyota dealerships in December and available in two grades, GR86 and GR86 Premium, the new generation of Toyota’s driver’s car brings affordable sports car fun, all with a larger 2.4 liter engine that delivers nearly 18% more horsepower and 11% more torque.
Let me guess, toyota dealerships salesman stoll don't know 😂

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not sure why Toyota USA didn't give a specific date but Toyota Canada is saying that they'll go on sale December 1st.

TORONTO, ON – October 28, 2021 – Drivers, rejoice! Your new favourite ride – the Toyota GR86 – is going on sale December 1st at Toyota Dealers across Canada and it delivers even more agility, style, and responsiveness than ever before. Entry models start at just $31,490 – while the Premium grade models start at $34,490, making it easy for enthusiasts to upgrade their sports car.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not sure why Toyota USA didn't give a specific date but Toyota Canada is saying that they'll go on sale December 1st.

TORONTO, ON – October 28, 2021 – Drivers, rejoice! Your new favourite ride – the Toyota GR86 – is going on sale December 1st at Toyota Dealers across Canada and it delivers even more agility, style, and responsiveness than ever before. Entry models start at just $31,490 – while the Premium grade models start at $34,490, making it easy for enthusiasts to upgrade their sports car.
It means they aren’t sure. I’m expecting January for both though if the order books open.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow those bronze wheels! I would definitely option a set of those. Especially being 17in, they'll allow a little more daily driver compliance/comfort. Then have a separate set of track wheels/tires.

I wonder if the 17in bronze wheels would only come in the primacies..? Either way, would love them.

I'm thinking they'd look really good on a halo white or trueno blue GR86. Thoughts?

Side note, idk about that shift knob... the top being flat and recessed kind of puts me off. I'll have to see more pictures.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts