Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
My issue is they did not differentiate the GR86 from the BRZ as much as I would have liked. I'm fine with the front but they could tweaked the side vent behind the front wheels slightly. I was also hoping for different shaped tail lamps. Perhaps a few different textures in the interior. I'm not saying I don't like it. I actually thing the front styling (which essentially was the mule back in October 2020) is more aggressive looking than the BRZ. They did not take it far enough in my opinion.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My issue is they did not differentiate the GR86 from the BRZ as much as I would have liked. I'm fine with the front but they could tweaked the side vent behind the front wheels slightly. I was also hoping for different shaped tail lamps. Perhaps a few different textures in the interior. I'm not saying I don't like it. I actually thing the front styling (which essentially was the mule back in October 2020) is more aggressive looking than the BRZ. They did not take it far enough in my opinion.
I agree with you that it would've been nice if they went bolder with the look. But I still think they did a good job and it'll be popular. As you mentioned in another thread I imagine most of their efforts went to improving performance over design.

·
Super Moderator
445 Posts
You would imagine that just like the first edition, its part of the cost optimisation to get the car to market.

As per one of @apex other posts, this is rectified a little by the bodywork accessories from both companies. We can already see some of what Subaru have offered, and it includes treatment to the side vent area!

·
Registered
26 Posts
the vents on the bumper are functional? they appear to be duds... i know the fender vents are functional.

glad they ditched the first gen's fake fender vents, i swapped mine out with the trd fins.

·
Super Moderator
445 Posts
the vents on the bumper are functional? they appear to be duds... i know the fender vents are functional.

glad they ditched the first gen's fake fender vents, i swapped mine out with the trd fins.
Yeah they are functional. The crossbar is in front of the top half, so it blocks the upper. This is why you see aero splitter solutions on both the GR86 and BRZ to funnel air to the lower half.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

You can pretty much draw a line across between which part is functional and which isn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.