Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Super Moderator
I'd almost buy the car in black, to reduce the car down to its silhouette more. I'm not a fan of its front perspective, its too soft - its a bit of a gummy mouth. I think the black would fix that up (for me). And it looks sexy af from all other views..

For the BRZ I'm keen on the Silver Ice Metallic, to really show those angles - I have to double take that I'm not looking at a Porsche with the BRZ in that silver.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd almost buy the car in black, to reduce the car down to its silhouette more. I'm not a fan of its front perspective, its too soft - its a bit of a gummy mouth. I think the black would fix that up (for me). And it looks sexy af from all other views..

For the BRZ I'm keen on the Silver Ice Metallic, to really show those angles - I have to double take that I'm not looking at a Porsche with the BRZ in that silver.
I'm not always a silver guy but the Silver Ice does fit the BRZ really well.

Registered
Another fan of the silver here having seen the BRZ looking so good in it, but then I think a dark grey might be the ultimate for me. It would go really well with the black wheels, wing mirrors and other black details.

Registered
This blue looks similar with the BRZ. I hope Toyota would offer this color. Looks simpler than the BRZ. 馃憤
For me in the 86 you would want to emphasize that aggressive grill. I think both Blue and Silver emphasize the more complicated grill of the BRZ. I think the 86 lends itself to bold colors that really bring out that grill. But this is my opinion. I'm not the car company(s).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It will be interesting to see what the color palette choices are for both cars. I suspect it may be different. For me the front of these cars are very distinctive so color is an important choice.
I have a feeling there's going to be some exclusive colors for each car as well. That way they can make each car a bit more distinct from the other.

Registered
In my opinion I don't think they should even share any colors between them. If you want to emphasize the different personalities of each car the best way to do it is with their own color pallet. I am sure they will just share colors because that is a cheaper way to build these cars however.

Registered
My opinion-Best Colors for the BRZ-Rally Blue, Silver, Silver Blue,Bronze,Gray and a Metallic Brown.
For the 86- Red, White, Orange, Yellow, Green, Pale Blue.

Colors I think will wash out the design of each car-Dark Blue, Dark Gray, Black.

The cars have distinctive front ends as well as bulges and the side scoop behind the front wheels. To me you want to emphasize the cars surfaces and color plays an important function in that. Dark colors only seem to emphasize the
silhouette which would be a shame.

Super Moderator
My opinion-Best Colors for the BRZ-Rally Blue, Silver, Silver Blue,Bronze,Gray and a Metallic Brown.
For the 86- Red, White, Orange, Yellow, Green, Pale Blue.

Colors I think will wash out the design of each car-Dark Blue, Dark Gray, Black.

The cars have distinctive front ends as well as bulges and the side scoop behind the front wheels. To me you want to emphasize the cars surfaces and color plays an important function in that. Dark colors only seem to emphasize the
silhouette which would be a shame.
Unless that's what you want. I really do not like the look of the front on the GR86. You will see very few people post picture of the front-on image.

Also, dark colors are far harder to assess in pictures. In person it easier to make our features because of your ability to perceive depth, which is missing from still images.

Registered
In my opinion I don't think they should even share any colors between them. If you want to emphasize the different personalities of each car the best way to do it is with their own color pallet. I am sure they will just share colors because that is a cheaper way to build these cars however.
I believe they would share most of the colors. Probably will just have some exclusive colors like world rally blue for BRZ and orange for 86.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts