Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this guy's pricing numbers are way off for the GR86 but it's still an interesting discussion to have because some people are going to be deciding between a GR86 and GR Corolla.

The GR86 is still the one for me of the two because I want to help keep cars like this alive for as long as possible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think this guy's pricing numbers are way off for the GR86 but it's still an interesting discussion to have because some people are going to be deciding between a GR86 and GR Corolla.

The GR86 is still the one for me of the two because I want to help keep cars like this alive for as long as possible.

Me, I’ll go with the GR 86. It looks sexier. Less doors, more fun! Love it being NA and thank God manual transmission is still alive! It’s a car for the driver, which allows you to push it hard to the limit. The GR Corolla, on the other hand, is more of a rally car, targeting the likes of Subaru STI, Honda Civic Type R, Volkswagen Golf GTi. It has more doors which means better for people with family. I believe you can’t go wrong with either.

·
Registered
163 Posts
2 very different cars. So the GR Corolla is really targeting the Golf R, Honda Type R, Subaru WRX, Golf GTI crowd.
That is a performance 4Dr with front or AWD. The GR86 and the BRZ represent a simple affordable RWD sportscar that used to be readily available in this country 20 plus years ago. Without the Miata/The Toyobaru twins you are left with the now 400Z, the Supra, the Z 4, the Porsche Boxster/Cayman and the Corvette all of which are a lot of money and then it only goes up from there. True sportscar's are not people carriers. They are not designed or meant to be the most accommodating everyday drivers with ample luggage space. Notice I did not include Mustang or Camaro. My reasoning is they really fall under the category of muscle cars as well as their size. They handle well but they need either turbocharging or big engines to offset their high weight to get to their performance. I would say ditto for the Challenger even more so and simply more of a cruiser then any kind of agile sportscar. Also its not about ultimate straight line performance either. Finally coupes in my eyes have a much better aesthetic design. Hatchbacks and small sedans hark back to their original econo-car roots. (IE-GTI and Golf R look almost identical to a base Golf hatchback). Coupes simply have a more exotic nature to their design. From a personal opinion I'm done with hatchbacks as a fun to drive car. I don't need a crowd present in order to enjoy my driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts