Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota has filed a trademark application in the US and Canada for "Grand Highlander". As the name suggests, it will be a larger version of the Highlander likely with more 3rd row passenger room, more cargo space and rear end design changes to reflect the additional space.

Toyota Grand Highlander Patent (US)
toyota-grand-highlander-patent-us.JPG

Toyota Grand Highlander Patent (Canada)
toyota-grand-highlander-patent-canada.JPG

·
Registered
238 Posts
I heard they were killing the Sequoia, so maybe this is the replacement. I wonder if it would be bigger than the Highlander or just a fancier version.

I figure Toyota normally would just add a trim level if it was a version of the current model, so it has to be entirely new.

Maybe it's based on the next-gen Tundra chassis???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard they were killing the Sequoia, so maybe this is the replacement. I wonder if it would be bigger than the Highlander or just a fancier version.

I figure Toyota normally would just add a trim level if it was a version of the current model, so it has to be entirely new.

Maybe it's based on the next-gen Tundra chassis???
I would like to see a bigger and fancier Highlander that's a bit more Lexus-like. Sales for it are some of the best for an SUV, meanwhile Sequoia sales have been within chopping block territory for some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts